Cancellations By text

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Poles Apart, Mar 21, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Poles Apart

Was due to do 2 jobs this week which I got in the winter I do them to suit them on a Friday then I get 2 texts this morning saying "our old window cleaner has come back we won't need you anymore" I've replied with "Fine as long as I don't get asked again".

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

That is annoying. I think I would have just accepted it though, and told them to do one if they called back later.

3. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

He's come back ??
    Where the chuff has he been - hibernating ?
    That's really annoying

4. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

Had a bloke near me years ago who 'kept retiring' and then coming back after 6 months or so when things got a bit tight and most of his old custies would go back to him in exactly the same manner as you describe. No mobile phones then so I would turn up for the job only to be cancelled. The first 2x it he did it, I accepted it though I was annoyed. He was obviously going to retire for good eventually and I didn't want to put them off coming back to me but on the 3rd time I told a couple of them not to bother calling me again as I felt I was just being used. What really annoyed me was the fact that the guy would just turn up, clean the windows again and expect to be paid when he had told them he was retiring. And if that weren't bad enough most of his old customers, who had all acquired new windies by then thought it was normal and went along with it. There were one or two who didn't though and told him in no uncertain terms to sling his hook. Funny thing was he wasn't a bad chappie. Was quite friendly actually. Just had a funny habit of un-retiring himself and going back to his old custies without asking.

5. Poles Apart

#5 Poles Apart, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    I was charging one woman £10 for a front she had a porch and 2 side windows above a side entrance she told me the old window cleaner only charged 7 but she said she would pay 8 I gave into her and said yes, I've text her saying I'm running a business not a market stall in Istanbul so no haggling so she wants to save a pound by having him back he's a ladder man so no pvc frames cleaned then in 2 shakes of a badgers tail I've told her not to call me I've not been to Morroco.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I text 2 neighbours with access issues last night
    One said leave it till next month as they are in india..like they would text me back from there
    The other replied they want to cancel for now
    I reckon it's the undercutter who is round this area

(Shakes fist violently)

7. Poles Apart

This is why I don't door to door canvass you pick up messers with a leaflet they knock your door (shaking head violently expecting thousands of posts on flyers V door knocking) :puke:

8. Markyboy 50

Hate letting people know I'm coming. Had an elderly lady ring me up 3 times last week asking me to go give her a price. I eventually said I will be there on mon at 11. Duly turned up bang on time today. She'd forgotten!!! Still quoted it. Asked who had recommended me. She said ole Betty across the road. Betty said you always make a nice job. I don't even clean Betty's windows!!! They've got the wrong windy. Never mind. Took her £14 and signed her up monthly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. TolishAPurd

lmao, ive done that before. Just nod and smile:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Markyboy 50

I just said I clean quite a few down this road. And that's true. Just not Betty's

Advertisement