Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Copy Cat Window Cleaner / Window Cleaning War?

• Thread starter joneswindowcleaners.co.uk
  • Start date
J

joneswindowcleaners.co.uk

The other window cleaner in my village has been cleaning for 23 years. His staff have always looked liked tramps, since have started I have taken 79 houses from him and 5 commercials. He has copied my uniform and now sends out his staff that way. His attitude towards clients has always been dreadful, which has made it easy pickings.

I found out about the uniforms last Tuesday, today I have picked up my new uniforms which are black and red with hand stitched logos.

I can fully understand the other chap being unhappy, however to let someone who has been doing it under a year take some of his clients I find amazing. He should have been looking after his clients from day one. I have every telephone number of my clients along with emails / web addresses / I even log some personal info such as birthdays and always pop a card through the door. I think customer satisfaction is 100% of a business and I hope I never get so lapsed as to lose customers hand over fist.

Not all village window cleaners stroll about in uniform with hand stitched logos mate, he probably never needed to before it's not unheard of and that doesn't make him any worse a window cleaner. Sounds like he's upped his game though so rather than knocking him you might be wiser to up yours!

Copying is one of the highest forms of flattery. You must be doing something right. As dodger says up you game and keep ahead.

The other window cleaner in my village has been cleaning for 23 years. His staff have always looked liked tramps, since have started I have taken 79 houses from him and 5 commercials. He has copied my uniform and now sends out his staff that way. His attitude towards clients has always been dreadful, which has made it easy pickings.
I found out about the uniforms last Tuesday, today I have picked up my new uniforms which are black and red with hand stitched logos.

I can fully understand the other chap being unhappy, however to let someone who has been doing it under a year take some of his clients I find amazing. He should have been looking after his clients from day one. I have every telephone number of my clients along with emails / web addresses / I even log some personal info such as birthdays and always pop a card through the door. I think customer satisfaction is 100% of a business and I hope I never get so lapsed as to lose customers hand over fist.
You're lucky you've only got one competitor mate.

Not all village window cleaners stroll about in uniform with hand stitched logos mate, he probably never needed to before it's not unheard of and that doesn't make him any worse a window cleaner. Sounds like he's upped his game though so rather than knocking him you might be wiser to up yours!
Stroll about with hand stitched logos???? What makes him a bad cleaner his is attitude towards clients. I am a bit confused when you say I need to up my game when I clearly have since day one hence so many clients with out ever buying any work. I will always knock anyone who thinks treating clients in any profession badly is acceptable!!!

I don't wear a uniform in my village, my sign written van tells everyone who I am. which is never that far away from he being wfp.lol

Stroll about with hand stitched logos???? What makes him a bad cleaner his is attitude towards clients. I am a bit confused when you say I need to up my game when I clearly have since day one hence so many clients with out ever buying any work. I will always knock anyone who thinks treating clients in any profession badly is acceptable!!!

nowhere did you say he treats customers badly just that he in your opinion, and his staff look like tramps. If you're going to knock someone show all the facts. Fair play for getting the work but given the fact that your competitor has upped his game tells me he's serious and has upped his and is no longer a badly dressed window cleaner which in all fairness was the only thing you said against him. I do hope that straightened that out.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4

Sorry I prob didn't put it the right way, thank you for your comments. I have fallen in love with the trade and still have a lot to learn and hoping in two years time to have a really good client base and as such as always look for advice weather it is good or bad I think I maybe need more bad comments ( which sounds strange ) to able to learn more to be able to give more and not make mistakes or take for granted new or the clients I have now.

Sorry I prob didn't put it the right way, thank you for your comments. I have fallen in love with the trade and still have a lot to learn and hoping in two years time to have a really good client base and as such as always look for advice weather it is good or bad I think I maybe need more bad comments ( which sounds strange ) to able to learn more to be able to give more and not make mistakes or take for granted new or the clients I have now.
Hey I love your enthusiasm for the job.

BUT

to be a true professional of the job you never lower yourself to slag other window cleaners off.

Hey I love your enthusiasm for the job.

BUT

to be a true professional of the job you never lower yourself to slag other window cleaners off.
I was gonna say simular.You say he's being doing it 23 years so, he must have had some success along the way and you could probably learn a thing or two from him. Maybe he was once as enthusiastic as yourself and maybe you could take things from him that could help you to avoid his pitfalls. I would stop thriving on taking his work and instead give him the respect a fellow wc deserves. You may actually get to like him if you stopped and had a chat with him sometime rather than judging him on his appearance.

Mart.

Back