Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bad experience with Brodex

Luke Elliott

Hello. My name is Luke Elliott. I run Elliott's Window Cleaning Ltd. Just so you know that this is legit you can find me on companies house. Here is my website: www.ewcltd.co.uk

I have been in business for ten years and have a strong customer base for whom I go to any length to keep happy.

On the 14th of April this year I ordered a Misty Belt kit from Brodex. Having been considering buying one for a while, some jobs came up where I new it would be essential. I did some research and opted for the Brodex system. As well as what I thought was the trusted name of Brodex behind the product, they were retailing at near over £100 less than market rival products. This made sense to me as I was under the impression that Brodex manufacture their own equipment therefore cutting out the middle man. I paid £350 by credit card through the Brodex website and was informed by the website that it would take up to seven days for delivery. No problem I thought. I waited until yesterday - 23rd April - day 6, and telephoned Brodex to see when I should be expecting the belt kit. I was told by Conner who answered the phone that no Misty Belt kits were available to be shipped and that they didn't know when they would be getting any more in from their suppliers. A little shocked that I hadn't even been offered this information before hand (how long were they going to wait to tell me if I hadn't called in?) I then asked for a refund while I set about ordering a Dragonfly system from a rival. Conner said he would get back to me about the refund as soon as possible. Today I had to call in again to get an answer and I was told by Conner that the refund would not be issued until May 14th.

This to me is unacceptable. They knew they never had the kit available, but their website said nothing to the effect and still accepted the payment from me. They never contacted me to say it was available after I had paid and then they went on to tell me it would take over two more weeks to process a refund because that was "company policy."

There is little I can do to get my money back sooner. But in the modern world I can at least make this saga known and warn other people about this. I've not done a lot of business with Brodex in the past but I won't be going back there for anything else. I've a mind to paste this text on to the facebook page of every one of their competitors and make it as widely known as possible. As usual it's a large company spitting on the small guy.

Rather infuriated. You have been warned.

Hi Luke and welcome to the forum.:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing your brodex experience with use as made a good read. I'm not surprised to be honest and I would not trust the owner with a barge pole so to speak.

Sounds to me that the rumours going about for the last few months that brodex are going under to be true so I would suggest you get onto the credit card company ASAP to get your money back.

Hope this helps?

I just wanted to jump in before everything go crazy here /emoticons/wink.png Thanks for your post @Luke Elliott this is helpful to know for our members but i would like everyone to keep in mind that this post is just that informing us. I think we all know what this company is like and in the past have had similar posts that resulted in a mass hate post against the company. I would appreciate if everyone can keep in mind that we dont want this post going the same way. Thanking you /emoticons/wink.png:thumbsup:

Paste it on there f/b page. You have done your bit and there not playing fair. I bet you find others in the same situation. I hope you get it sorted sooner rather than later...

Don't worry @Gav I won't knock that great company anymore :thumbsup:/emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a member of other forums so I know about topics becoming centres for hate. So yes, take this as informative purposes only if you like.

However, I do find it interesting that the feedback indicates previous issues from other members. I have contacted my credit card company. They will be sending me a dispute form. Not likely to be resolved any quicker but it does at least attack it from as many angles as possible. Hopefully they won't go under before it gets resolved. I've no idea what would result in that situation. You'd be bunched with a large quantity of creditors by the liquidators which would no doubt mean I was small fry and owed next to nothing compared to others.

shazzy692002... do they have a FB page? I couldn't locate one?

I've got a case opened with them. Won't get sorted any quicker but at least it's attacking at all angles. Just hope Brodex don't go under before credit card company sort it.

Hello. My name is Luke Elliott. I run Elliott's Window Cleaning Ltd. Just so you know that this is legit you can find me on companies house. Here is my website: www.ewcltd.co.ukI have been in business for ten years and have a strong customer base for whom I go to any length to keep happy.

On the 14th of April this year I ordered a Misty Belt kit from Brodex. Having been considering buying one for a while, some jobs came up where I new it would be essential. I did some research and opted for the Brodex system. As well as what I thought was the trusted name of Brodex behind the product, they were retailing at near over £100 less than market rival products. This made sense to me as I was under the impression that Brodex manufacture their own equipment therefore cutting out the middle man. I paid £350 by credit card through the Brodex website and was informed by the website that it would take up to seven days for delivery. No problem I thought. I waited until yesterday - 23rd April - day 6, and telephoned Brodex to see when I should be expecting the belt kit. I was told by Conner who answered the phone that no Misty Belt kits were available to be shipped and that they didn't know when they would be getting any more in from their suppliers. A little shocked that I hadn't even been offered this information before hand (how long were they going to wait to tell me if I hadn't called in?) I then asked for a refund while I set about ordering a Dragonfly system from a rival. Conner said he would get back to me about the refund as soon as possible. Today I had to call in again to get an answer and I was told by Conner that the refund would not be issued until May 14th.

This to me is unacceptable. They knew they never had the kit available, but their website said nothing to the effect and still accepted the payment from me. They never contacted me to say it was available after I had paid and then they went on to tell me it would take over two more weeks to process a refund because that was "company policy."

There is little I can do to get my money back sooner. But in the modern world I can at least make this saga known and warn other people about this. I've not done a lot of business with Brodex in the past but I won't be going back there for anything else. I've a mind to paste this text on to the facebook page of every one of their competitors and make it as widely known as possible. As usual it's a large company spitting on the small guy.

Rather infuriated. You have been warned.
I have been waiting now for a refund for 7 weeks for a pole I ordered through the same guy Conner "Joker" after he told me that it take 7 days to make it? After they took my money £217

I contacted Gardiner that same same day & they guaranteed next day delivery! Fantastic service, and I'm still fighting with these jokers for all this time for my refund! Which they have told me today that there sending out a cheque? Who still deals in cheques!

I will never use this **** company again!

Back