Cant believe the amount of fly and spider poo on the windows

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by mrtaytay, Aug 27, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

There seems to be more fly and spider poo on the glass this summer than ever before. Also, those yellow blobs which I presume are blobs of bee honey. Even a porcupine sleeve doesnt cut through all the dung. What do people do when they have cleaned a window but can still see a blob of fly poo smeared across the window:
    1) Dab it with a wet finger and buff it with a fineweave micro or scrim, risking making a dusty mess on the glass.
    2) Re wash and squeegee the glass.
    3) ignore it and move onto the next window.

I normally give it a wet finger dab and buff with a fineweave. I only have the one cloth I can do it with though.....its been washed so many times and can be relied upon to leave no dusty mark. All of my other fineweaves leave hints of dustiness.

Advertisement
  2. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I used to dab with wet finger, buff with scrim, swear, then rewash.....:D

3. TolishAPurd

I know the stuff you mean. If its a regular custy it gets a tough scrub with my finger behind a dry scrim. If there's more then one or two then I re soap the whole window and scrub them with the scrubber part on the end of the applicator.

If its a '1 off' clean then I just move on.

4. norm

norm Grand Master

have a quick look and scrub with end of scrubber anything sticking out then mop it

5. cheapncheerful

yep great post mrtaytay...i actually was going to do a post on dirty habits you carnt stop doing and the finger one is one of mine...in me mouth....er:eek: so i have a new technique for healths sake...i now wet on the applicator with my finger but...i keep forgetting ...old habits die hard...

yeh them yellow blobs are a real pain...on some custys they are all over and i just soap and scrape but they are a real pain...

the spider poo is a different problem....so far i have scrubbed but it still leaves marks which i have to leave....really bad spiders this year..

6. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Those spiders that camp in the corners of the windows are real pains.

Its been spider genocide this summer

7. cheapncheerful

knock once....wait...knock again and they jump....or else...you are in for a squashed mess....

the thing is ...if we dont shift em they reweb and it kinda looks bad on us...

8. TolishAPurd

Spider don't seem to like the ecover/vinegar mix, messes them right up.

9. cheapncheerful

i must get some bloomin vinegar...can i just use the wifes ....she only uses if it for fish and chips anyway:D

10. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Dont let the RSPCA know about that.

Advertisement