Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

cant decide

J

jambo113

hi ive been window cleaning for about 6 month now and built up a decent round with more new customers coming in every day ive been doing it trad but im just about to buy a wfp backpack off another windy my initial reason to buy this was for the awkward windows and conny roofs etc but the more i think about it and read these forums the more i want to go wfp and be bigger by getting a van and contracts but on the other hand i like my nice simple little round pays the bills with a bit spare, and i only work 2 days a week its a nice life. But do I want more? any advice please

Lucky man and you only have to work 2 days a week if you went wfp you would probably only have to work 1 day a week

yer but id have to take on more work to cover the cost of the van and resin and what ever else, i recon around another 200 a month

Dude, if you dont have to, dont!. I wouldnt work any more than necessary, and if i were in your position, it wouldnt take much thinking about. Life is for living, so if you can get by on your two days a week with some pennies to spare, dont go changing it!. Seriously, i'm jealous!.

whats going to happen is one day it clicks in your head, how much can be made in this job, then you get a van and go van mounted, and grow the business where you start working 5 days a week and making more in a week than most in a month, your mental at***ude changes, and it is for the best

Mate, I'd buy the WFP, but still only do as much as you need to.

Once you get used to wfp, you'll make the extra costs back quicker than you can say 'water fed pole'!

I bet you can take more work on to cover costs and still only work 2 days once things settle in. Guarantee it.

whats going to happen is one day it clicks in your head, how much can be made in this job, then you get a van and go van mounted, and grow the business where you start working 5 days a week and making more in a week than most in a month, your mental at***ude changes, and it is for the best
Not everyone is obsessed with making loads of money, and being obsessed with making loads of money, is definately NOT for the best!.

STAY AS YOU ARE JAMBO!! :)

i know not every one is obsessed with making money, but what happens is the 2 days give him enough to live on, it clicks that 1 day a week extra will give him more, it could be for a holiday, xmas, something he has always wanted, whilst he is young and fit, make the money and if its too much sell part of round,

i know not every one is obsessed with making money, but what happens is the 2 days give him enough to live on, it clicks that 1 day a week extra will give him more, it could be for a holiday, xmas, something he has always wanted, whilst he is young and fit, make the money and if its too much sell part of round,
thats what im thinking that extra bit of cash each month would be nice i think im gona try doing a few houses wfp and if it turns out quicker for me i could always take on extra customers to fill my 2 days up and still work out of my car ( might just need to buy a big estate)

Stick with it tho for a while. You may not be quicker for a month or 2. Once you get into a routine & get used to it tho, you will be quicker.

thanks i will im gona ask the windy who im getting it off if i can tag along with him for a day to see how to use it properly

just wondering if i wfp tops and trad bottoms how many many houses would i get out of a 25 litre tank lets say an average of 3 windows per house

Depends a lot on how you use it...does ur backpack have adjustable flow?

I use mine on half way, and do tops only (massive bay window at front) and I get 5 houses from a backpack full. Can fill backpack up twice from 1x 25l barrel. So can get 10 tops easy.

If you're new to wfp, you may use a bit more water.

Also, I have a tap sat right at my hip, so unless the brush is at glass, the flow is turned off, even between windows...every little bit of water saving helps when using a backpack.

well if u want to get bigger, (ie, more money), and ur only doing 2 days a week, why dont u just do 4 days a week trad, no extra outlay and double ur income, and its still only a 4day week!

Back