cant decide

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by jambo113, Mar 30, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

hi ive been window cleaning for about 6 month now and built up a decent round with more new customers coming in every day ive been doing it trad but im just about to buy a wfp backpack off another windy my initial reason to buy this was for the awkward windows and conny roofs etc but the more i think about it and read these forums the more i want to go wfp and be bigger by getting a van and contracts but on the other hand i like my nice simple little round pays the bills with a bit spare, and i only work 2 days a week its a nice life. But do I want more? any advice please

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

Lucky man and you only have to work 2 days a week if you went wfp you would probably only have to work 1 day a week

3. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

yer but id have to take on more work to cover the cost of the van and resin and what ever else, i recon around another 200 a month

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Dude, if you dont have to, dont!. I wouldnt work any more than necessary, and if i were in your position, it wouldnt take much thinking about. Life is for living, so if you can get by on your two days a week with some pennies to spare, dont go changing it!. Seriously, i'm jealous!.

5. Posh

Posh Hero

Stay as you are IMO. You got it made mate. 2 days a week and the rest off. I'm jealous.

6. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

whats going to happen is one day it clicks in your head, how much can be made in this job, then you get a van and go van mounted, and grow the business where you start working 5 days a week and making more in a week than most in a month, your mental at***ude changes, and it is for the best

7. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Mate, I'd buy the WFP, but still only do as much as you need to.

Once you get used to wfp, you'll make the extra costs back quicker than you can say 'water fed pole'!

I bet you can take more work on to cover costs and still only work 2 days once things settle in. Guarantee it.

8. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Not everyone is obsessed with making loads of money, and being obsessed with making loads of money, is definately NOT for the best!.

STAY AS YOU ARE JAMBO!! :)

9. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i know not every one is obsessed with making money, but what happens is the 2 days give him enough to live on, it clicks that 1 day a week extra will give him more, it could be for a holiday, xmas, something he has always wanted, whilst he is young and fit, make the money and if its too much sell part of round,

10. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

thats what im thinking that extra bit of cash each month would be nice i think im gona try doing a few houses wfp and if it turns out quicker for me i could always take on extra customers to fill my 2 days up and still work out of my car ( might just need to buy a big estate)

Advertisement