Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Blowing up high flats for games opening ceremony

WCF

Help Support WCF:

They are going to be demolished anyway so the area can be regenerated so what's all the fuss about beats me :rolleyes:

it really depends if they cant be used for housing.../emoticons/smile.png

one of my hate scenes is the house set for demolition in i robot....but its the way of the world these days...some one just bought one on sandbanks knocked it down and the site went up in value....

his guy was the man for them type of jobs:thumbsup:/emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If the council had consulted and included the local people of springburn/and barmuloch of their plans there would not have been a problem.

I tend to agree. Seems a bit of a p!ss take of the people who lived there, even if they aren't everyone's cup of tea.

i don't have a problem with them being demolished. But what has it got to do with the commonwealth games.Our opening ceremony should be something to be proud off, not demolish a few high flats for the opener. Its pretty tackles for the families, that are to be up rooted at a time when the place will be bedlam.

So why not on telly does it make a blind bit of difference. I think people get carried away with P.C now a days. People say "but think of the sadness of the people who used to live there". Thats been delt with! Its just an empty building!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Its hard to explain the red road flats are an infamous iconic set of flats. I think what residents are miffed at is the council did not the let community know of there plans untill it was unvailed to the world so to speak.

yeh councils be sneaky like that...i just hope all the tenants had somewhere to go as there were a lot of flats there and not much housing around....

They were all put in they brand new flats that glasgow has all over the shop. I think its just mental that ppl think this is something to petition about! Wake up! Its a block of flats!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

They were not petitioning about blowing up the flats though, just the fact that it was a celebration for the oppening of the commonwealth games. remember particuarly in Glasgow as you will know several generations over the years from the same family will have lived in the same house so they don't see it as a celibration but an end of an erra with mixed emotions.

yeh nice that they were given nice new flats but kinda hard to stomach blowing up your old house on tv around the world...and come on where would del boy be without his flat..../emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back