cant you do it any cheaper

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by charlie tapper, Apr 28, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. charlie tapper

went round to a house that i charge £10 for every 6 weeks
    the people have moved and now new people live there but the previous person told the new person i cleaned them £10 every 6 weeks and said she would carry on having them done

anyway i went round today and the new guy answered the door i intriduced my self said tracey who lived here before had her windows cleaned by me , and said sandra (the new guys mrs ) told tracey she would keep me on and want her windows cleaning . ( this would have been miles easier if it was sandra who answered the door but no, typical im having to explain to the bloke. why is nothing ever easy )
    he said how much i said £10 including your frames, sills , doors. , he said cant you do it any cheaper ... i simply said no . thats the price.
    he said well leave it for six weeks cuz i still got work i wanna do around the house and guttering to do. so come back in 6 weeks then ask again .

so do i waste my time and go back round , cuz i am guessing this will type of customer that will say after a few cleans leave them this time.
    what would you do ???

Advertisement
  2. windybenn

windybenn Active Member

i would go round next time as i find the women normally get what they want and you will get the job

3. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

yh, chances are you will go next time, he wont be there, she will, sorted!lol

4. AS Window Cleaning

AS Window Cleaning Active Member

unless it's a good price I normally charge more when new customer moves in.

I'd go back, if messes you around then I'd give him card and say call when ready. but make sure knows price and frequency, if wants one off or less regular costs more.

thing being is (not always, but often) if they are price orientated more than anything else may end up jumping to cheapest quote anyway.

that being said, had few say that to me and try to get cheaper price, and they're still with me 8 years on.

Advertisement