Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ANYONE know about ladder safety...?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What standoff have you got?

If microlite it can go on the roof tiles

If a smaller one can go on the fascia

I use this on those type of jobs

http://www.ladderstore.com/compact-ladder-stand-off.html

Made by microlite company but a lot smaller

It can be used on roof also as will just touch the tiles and keep you off the actual gutters

I don't use my ladders even my small ladders without this attached as never need to rest ladder on slippy sills

I wouldn't feel right without it nowadays

I never actually put them on the sill like these pics but on the wall just beneath the sill leaving me room to work and wipe sills

What standoff have you got?If microlite it can go on the roof tiles

If a smaller one can go on the fascia

I use this on those type of jobs

http://www.ladderstore.com/compact-ladder-stand-off.html

Made by microlite company but a lot smaller

It can be used on roof also as will just touch the tiles and keep you off the actual gutters

I don't use my ladders even my small ladders without this attached as never need to rest ladder on slippy sills

I wouldn't feel right without it nowadays

I never actually put them on the sill like these pics but on the wall just beneath the sill leaving me room to work and wipe sills
Not got standoff yet . If you zoom in you will see no facia - so it's either wall , gutter , or roof tiles ...

With the small standoff you can rest on the gutter but have wheels touching the tiles for safety

Not sure about all the weight being on the tiles with a microlight

Best to get the old gits opinion

With the small standoff you can rest on the gutter but have wheels touching the tiles for safetyNot sure about all the weight being on the tiles with a microlight

Ok cheers - he prob at bingo now

With the small standoff you can rest on the gutter but have wheels touching the tiles for safetyNot sure about all the weight being on the tiles with a microlight

So would you say def get one with wheels Dave ?

Those type of roof tiles look quite brittle to me so I would avoid placing a microlite standoff on the roof myself.

A compact ladder stand off is ok but not realy a stand off at all in my opinion as does not stand the ladder off very far from the wall at all when wanting to clear guttering out like that one. At least using a microlight standoff rest on the wall just below that guttering the top of the ladder will be in a better position to work from as will be further away from the wall.

I tend to use the mini one smurf just cos i can't be arsed to get the big yin out

It still keeps me off the gutter and on the tiles on most jobs and is so light it is easy just to whip it off 1 ladder and stick it on the other

Especially if just inspecting a gutter quickly

I would never use a standoff with ordinary wheels as can be bloody dangerous to use. However the wheels on the compact & microlite standoff are no ordinary wheels as they flatten out when you put weight/climb the ladder

I would be lost without my mini one

Can't imagine climbing a ladder without it

Can put the top of the ladder above the sill but still be off it to allow to not get the 2 grey marks where the ladder was and can't wipe

Also allows me to get the angle i want every time as i have a lot of wall to choose from to lean against

I will be using my new laddermax multi-pro corner standoff for that specific awkward job I bought it for tomorrow or should that be today. If you don't see me posting on here tomorrow evening then you know not to buy one /emoticons/biggrin.png

That compact you also use is the next thing on my list to get as sometimes being closer to a wall comes in handy for certain jobs for sure.

I would be lost without my mini oneCan't imagine climbing a ladder without it

Can put the top of the ladder above the sill but still be off it to allow to not get the 2 grey marks where the ladder was and can't wipe

Also allows me to get the angle i want every time as i have a lot of wall to choose from to lean against

Well I survived just about but had a man pants moment when a rouge high gust of wind hit me and the top of the ladder moved a wee bit. FFS /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back