Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way to advertise?

bigred

Hi all,

I've just set up a pressure washing, conservatory cleaning business. I've had a web site made and also getting flyers to hand out and signs made to put on the jobs where I'm working. As I've literally just set up, what's the best ideas of getting it off the ground and getting business?

Thanks everyone.

@bigred re website check gavs article in the resource section re back linking. Very important to do a few of those examples to get it up the Google ranking.

Make a yell.com account and a bing one but most importantly a Google my business one...and get people to leave reviews on the Google page. 5 reviews and you get a yellow star lights up beside company.

Use Facebook religiously to start with, buy and sell sites. Make a business page on it too.

Put fliers up in all shops you can.

Chap all doors you can.

Look out for houses with overhanging gutters for example ,chap and identify the issue.

Do a massive flier drop

Some ideas

@bigred re website check gavs article in the resource section re back linking. Very important to do a few of those examples to get it up the Google ranking.
Make a yell.com account and a bing one but most importantly a Google my business one...and get people to leave reviews on the Google page. 5 reviews and you get a yellow star lights up beside company.

Use Facebook religiously to start with, buy and sell sites. Make a business page on it too.

Put fliers up in all shops you can.

Chap all doors you can.

Look out for houses with overhanging gutters for example ,chap and identify the issue.

Do a massive flier drop

Some ideas
Thanks chris33 I know the site is listed on the first page of google search when you search our local area, which is good. But I just don't want to wait for the phone to ring on the hope some one has seen the site. Like you suggested I think one of the best ways would be to hand flyers out, then people will hopfully notice and hopfully work will progress from there

Thanks again for your comments.

flyers are a good way to get your name out there consistency is key here with all of these things Chris has made some good points above I started off pressure washing only this was a hard path so I added window cleaning to my services amongst other things- Facebook groups have been good to me- word of mouth- bit of luck- I wouldn't knock doors for pressure washing- it comes across like your a tinka looking to make a fast buck

@bigred stomp the streets my man. Fastest way to work defo. Dont worry about the nos and come to accept them but don't be put off.

Even in winter I would canvas like that if had the need. Home at night to fb advertise and stuff

@bigred stomp the streets my man. Fastest way to work defo. Dont worry about the nos and come to accept them but don't be put off.
Even in winter I would canvas like that if had the need. Home at night to fb advertise and stuff
cheers chris33 your rite, ill start handing out the flyers today

The best way I would say is to definitely invest in SEO for your website, most digital marketing agencies will charge a fair bit but its worth it, if your only servicing a local area this can greatly reduce your competition, maybe do some research and give it a try yourself.

I've got no experience with websites as I haven't got one but I find Facebook is great. Leaflets can be hit and miss. Sometimes I'll have a spare hour and deliver 100 of the things and get five calls. Other times I'll deliver 500 of them and get nothing.

Back