Canvassing for the first time tomorrow

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by jamiesmack, Sep 11, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jamiesmack

jamiesmack Active Member

anyone got any tips? I am just going to go with something simple - "Hi, I am cleaning some of your neighbour's windows and thought I would call and see if you need a window cleaner at the moment?

anyone go any other advice?

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Exactly that,

Don't think about it, just be natural, don't treat it as a big deal, just knock and ask if they would like a window cleaner, simples :)

3. Try and read people.
    I always ask if they'd like a quote. People are naturally curious, that gives you s chance to sell the service.

4. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Good luck Jamiesmack. I be going out for first time on monday, I thought people would get annoyed if I knocked on a sunday?

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Knock on a sunday
    More people will be in
    Not before 11 and not after 3 ish but in between is fine

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. jamiesmack

jamiesmack Active Member

What about other times for knocking? what would you say are the best times daveyboy1 . I had an issue with the van to sort out this weekend so didnt make it out, but I will be made redundant on Friday so from then on its canvass, canvass canvass! Im going to have sore knuckles from all the door knocking!

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Personally i would canvass any time after 10am until about 7pm
    Best times are after the afternoon achool run..i find it better to leaflet before then as most people are out at work

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

#8 daveyboy, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    If I was you i would be canvassing every opportunity before friday so you have some work to get on with

The best way to build up is start early and do your days work....then canvass once finished and do any new jobs first thing the next day and repeat
    If you are really quiet do it there and then and carry on canvassing after
    Won't take long before you're busy

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

you need to promise yourself youre not going home till your knuckles are sore and bleeding

10. jamiesmack

jamiesmack Active Member

Went out for the first two hours tonight, 5-7 after work. Picked up 4 window cleaning jobs & one conservatory clean to do next week - about £96 to earn next week so far! Was nervous as hell for some reason, almost bottled a few houses but knocked every one in the end. Most people were pretty tidy, so dont know what the fear is all about!

Same time tomorrow night!

Advertisement