Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Alternative Chemicals

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dodger

I need some viro-sol or Ubik and I know from experience how good vitro is and take everyone's word that Ubik is better.

Thing is I don't buy it in bulk but might think about that another day and the postage on 5 litres is extortionate so I wonder if there is something I can buy locally that could be on a par with viro-sol.

I know screwfix do a no nonsense degreaser cleaner for about 7 quid for 5 litres, has anyone tried that or do you have any recomendations that I can maybe buy locally.

I've tried stardrops and it really doesn't cut the mustard (or staining).

Any thoughts as it may help others.

Selden Maxima is what I use.

Google cleaning supplies near you, they always carry stock of a range of cleaning chemicals to use.

Yeah I could do that lol. I took a look at the Selden stuff on your site rc but works out about the same even more if it doesn't include postage lol. Looks good stuff though and I tend to believe damo when he bugs something up.

Yeah I could do that lol. I took a look at the Selden stuff on your site rc but works out about the same even more if it doesn't include postage lol. Looks good stuff though and I tend to believe damo when he bugs something up.
that price includes p&p

don't know how much the others make when mixed, but this when mixed at its strongest mix makes 250lts of cleaning liquid

have a look at local places first see whats about, that will be the best and cheapest option,

i use tfr (traffic film remover) for gutters and fascia's and it works well i get a 25ltr drum from the local motor store for £18 they do 5 litres aswell i csnt compare it to virosol or ubix as never used the stuff due to the same reason you mention it will cost me around £14 to get 5 litres delivered

Dodger,

We use Selden Maxima heavy duty degreaser on the cleaning side of the business and I'd highly recommend it. Do you have a Bunzl Cleaning Supplies near you (or Greenhams, same company). They will stock it.

Hope this helps.

Dawn

Cheers folks I'll have a look for those dawn thanks.

Just thought while I'm looking it might help a few others if there's A few ideas thrown in.

Can get it from fleebay dodger cheaper that works out when buying 4 x 5ltr £9.38 each including delivery :Image9:

here is the link if interested http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Selden-5LTR-maxima-Box-4x5LTR-Industrial-/221274286721?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item791c5b421e

RC's price £16.30 for just 5ltrs is a joke mate

******4 x 5ltr £9.38 each is a very good price, but saying RC`s price is a joke is a bit harsh, Express Cleaning Supplies is £20.50 for 5 Lts with delivery*******

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Can get it from fleebay dodger cheaper that works out when buying 4 x 5ltr £9.38 each including delivery :Image9:

here is the link if interested http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Selden-5LTR-maxima-Box-4x5LTR-Industrial-/221274286721?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item791c5b421e

RC's price £16.30 for just 5ltrs is a joke mate
cant help the cost of postage.

cost me £7.50 to post them!

its not that im making anything from them either, maybe just £1-2 if that

thing is if someone brought 4 then the postage would will be £7.50,

someone did buy 2 and I refunded the difference in the postage

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Dodger,

We use Selden Maxima heavy duty degreaser on the cleaning side of the business and I'd highly recommend it. Do you have a Bunzl Cleaning Supplies near you (or Greenhams, same company). They will stock it.

Hope this helps.

Dawn
yer it is great stuff,

Sorry RC maybe was a bit harsh...

Just saying being competitive in total cost is all what ppl are intrested in thesdays.

Result I'd say, this place doesn't stock clover stuff they stock cleenol and kemtel so I got some kemtel citragel to try out. They got stronger stuff but gonna give this a go first.

Even better though they stock a big range of Unger stuff and he said ring him and if he ain't got it in he'll pick it up and have it within a couple of days for me.

Real nice bloke as well so anyone around Mansfield area that's C&L janitorial ltd on hallamway.

Sorry RC maybe was a bit harsh...

Just saying being competitive in total cost is all what ppl are intrested in thesdays.
like I said if someone brought 4 from me then it would be around the same cost as them.

now try to find someone cheaper than me for just one 5lt bottle, with p&p (picking it up in person from a shop doesn't count)

The no nonsense stuff from screwfix is good stuff, I use it on the cars and van under the bonnet at 50:1 and it cuts through engine oil easily.

I assume you are all aware that the Selden stuff isn't allowed to go down the drain! D-limonene is a great citrus degreaser that is biodegradable.

The no nonsense stuff from screwfix is good stuff, I use it on the cars and van under the bonnet at 50:1 and it cuts through engine oil easily.

I assume you are all aware that the Selden stuff isn't allowed to go down the drain! D-limonene is a great citrus degreaser that is biodegradable.
selden stuff is fine to go down the drains!

the place I get it from spoke to Selden company before I brought any to make sure that's its good for the jobs I use it on.

Back