canvassing in winter months

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by MARTIN27, Jul 24, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MARTIN27

MARTIN27 Newcomer

Hi guys left it late this year just started canvassing again just wondering if there was anyone who canvasses in the winter months as I want to build on what I've got cheers guys

Advertisement
  2. Alien Human

I do a lot of leaflet dropping on rainy days in the winter but don't door knock :)

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i started my biz in october 08 , leafletted right over that winter ;)and had a round of sorts by the following spring

PLOUGH ON i say !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. TolishAPurd

I don't get as good results in the winter, but its always worth keeping the momentum going in the long run.

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I started up again last june and had a decent ish round come February most of that was from winter as that's when i cut my hours right back at the driving job i was also doing
    Mostly from bookface and leaflets though

6. mr shine

mr shine Guru

in my first year i canvassed right through the winter and picked up loads of work, another great help in getting extras like facias and soffit and gutter clearence is to show the customer before and after pics using an ipad or tablet and it makes the selling of your services a lot easier

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I personally say the next 7 weeks are the time to canvass your buts off, kids just broke up from school for summer so usually at least one parent around to talk to and the can see in broad daylight how cruddy the windows and PVC are.

Whenever I am working during school summer holidays i have people coming over 'could you fit us in?'

Prime time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Did most of mine last winter. If you want to find the work, it's there.

Advertisement