Canvassing Objections

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Whizz-Bizz, May 16, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

What objections do you struggle with ?

Advertisement
  2. Mr B shine

Mr B shine Active Member

could you perhaps be a bit clearer?

3. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

When your out knocking is there a particular objection you get that you struggle with, examples: cant afford , not today, don't like the pole etc

4. Mr B shine

Mr B shine Active Member

ahhhhhhhhh,

My favorite is "I already have a window cleaner" when the windows have clearly not been done in a couple of years.

On a couple of ocassions when I got fed up with this I have replied "Really!!!!! you want to get rid and have me do it instead cos they are doing an awfull job" :Image1:

The one I can't do anything with is "Nah mate I'm not intrested" apparntly asking if there wife is is not appreciated. ho hum

5. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

When they say they already have one, but clearly dont I ask what method is he using. Whatever they say I go in on the opposite and talk about fronts and the convenience of just doing fronts. Saving money not having to rush home at 12 to open the gate etc.

I dont slate other peoples work but use my finger and show them exactly what they get, running my finger over the sill at the end and say we'll even get this off for you.

My opening gambit is, is the boss in, generally that gets the person who deals with it to the door.

6. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Not at my door it wouldn't :Image4: .
    My Mrs would give you a scolding look :Image15: and slam the door :Image13: .

7. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I only rent

I don't care about my windows

The rain washes them

I'll have to ask the wife

8. Mr B shine

Mr B shine Active Member

to the first one i say "thats ok, I wash windows on rented property to"

9. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

I only rent, = Its down to the tenant the landlord takes care of the gutters and decorating, we are in the area next week doing a few your neighbours why dont you get the front done this time and perhaps the back next time if you like it. Maybe every couple of months. Maybe talk about end of tenancy cleans and leave a card

I dont care about my windows= we are in the area next week doing a few your neighbours why dont you get the front done this time and perhaps the back next time if you like it. Maybe every couple of months

The rain washes them = we are in the area next week doing a few your neighbours why dont you get the front done this time and perhaps the back next time if you like it. Maybe every couple of months

I'll have to ask the wife= Not a problem, what Ill do is if I could grab your number Ill text you the night before, only because Im looking to line up a block of 150 customers. That way everyone gets a nice price. Chances are you'll ring me the day after Ive done everyone else and to be honest with you sir thats really annoying. If she dont want it not a problem Ill just go next door.

Many objections can be covered by offering the front on a 2 monthly I find

10. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I only rent = bad customer

I don't care about my windows = very bad customer

The rain cleans them = needs locked up customer..

When canvassing I want to hear: oooh yes please, I would love to have them cleaned, can you come every 4 weeks, that's a great price..

I don't have time to explain myself to stupid people and their stupid excuses.. Usually just can't afford or don't want to spend the ££ and they ain't the customers I want

Advertisement