Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sufficient kit?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dundeeladdie

Hi all.

Would like to start up within a month, purely residential and purely wfp.

Was just wondering if it's possible to do a good job for the customer with just, pure water, pole, and trolley system and a selection of maybe 3 brushes... oh and a fair amount of practise.

Or would I also need a selection of trad kit too? ladders, scrim, micro fibre etc?

I don't really fancy doing the insides (might just say my insurance doesn't cover it if asked to do any).

Any thoughts, suggestions and a list of kit (other than pole, water and brush lol) that you purely wfp guys use would be most appreciated.

It may seem obvious to experienced windies but to us green, wet behind the ears newbies it's not, so any essential kit you couldn't do without please share.

Thanks fellas.

You could manage easy with a trolley and pole but your limiting the jobs you can do as even using wfp you still have to go on flat roofs and use ladders to access rear gardens /emoticons/wink.png

This would get you started, but have a plan for when work increases, trolley won't give you much water. A full day using WFP, I use about 400litres. If you plan your purchases with the future in mind rather than just immediate needs, will save you money and time in the long run.

Would also get basic trad kit, can be handy sometimes...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It starts becoming very labour intensive as the busier you get just using a wfp trolley/backpack. Myself I started off down the wfp trolley route but soon got fedup humping water containers and trolley about. I would say that's the main reason why most get a a van mount in the end.

Stick waggling as @cheapncheerful puts it is not as easy as it looks as I found out very quickly is bloody hard graft.

Thanks guys.

I'm under no illusion about the amount of hard graft involved.

Looking to make a real business of this.

Stick waggling seems the route for me.

I'm really after a small list of essential kit, apart from the pole, brushes and trolley etc.

Cheers.

To save £50-60 initially you only need one brush starting out, I'd recommend either a Gardiner Sill or Tecbuk for first cleaning. Then buy a Gardiner Extreme (much lighter) for the maintenance cleaning 3-4 months later.

it is indeed hard graft...but fun as maybe a novelty yet dont know.. i use it to get me warmed up and going at the start of the day....and when me water runs out and i :gush: at least my body is awake to get stuck into more windows....

did my backs yesterday and all the wife could say is...cant you get a shorter pole for the bottoms as you nearly took my eye out with it then...my reply....well dont bloo dy stand there....

spatial awareness as you put it in an earlier post is important too @cheapncheerful

I've hit a few things including expensive cars with the end of me pole but never me wife /emoticons/biggrin.png

What size van have you got as the list can be endless depending what jobs you get asked to do?

Canyoujustdo customers will ask

Clean the conservatory roof

Unblock the house guttering & downspouts

Clean the outside of the fascias, soffits & guttering

Restore my grey and marked window frames & doors

Clean my drive, patio and or decking

Thanks guys.I'm under no illusion about the amount of hard graft involved.

Looking to make a real business of this.

Stick waggling seems the route for me.

I'm really after a small list of essential kit, apart from the pole, brushes and trolley etc.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheap essentials

100 ro about £120

35 Ltr trolley £220

30 ft pole £120

100 Ltr barrel and 25 Ltr containers £100

That is enough to get you working

I've hit a few things including expensive cars with the end of me pole but never me wife /emoticons/biggrin.png

it dont matter so much if its only the wife..:eek:.oops..and shes in the kitchen making my bacon butty....didnt mean it dear../emoticons/biggrin.png

and bigger is better as they say...35 litre trolley ...a good idea..my 18 litres means extra trips back to the car for top ups and:gush: more when it runs out of water...

Last edited by a moderator:
What size van have you got as the list can be endless depending what jobs you get asked to do
Hi Smurf.

I got an old Bmw 3 series estate, that is in a state.

Seats down in back and roof rack is the best I can do at the moment.

Thanks.

I started out with car :thumbsup:

Hi Smurf.

Thanks.

Hi Smurf.

Thanks.
dont know where u plan on working ,but on the big estates,a car like yours is where its at . bmw estate has a long and low roofline so once u have roofbars, you can slide ladders on and off in under 2 seconds ,well maybe 3 ! i note you are planning on going WFP ,but if you did go trad ,a 3series BM will take big ladders legally ,ones capable of 3 storey work. most saloon cars cannot take big ladders without the police pulling you up.

and dont fret about doing the insides. while doing them gives you the chance to chat properly to the householder.i try and find out what the householders interests are-you can use whatever it is as an opening gambit each time you meet . this gets you "in" far quicker than jus chatting about the weather

hey rochdale isnt far from middlewhich...give us your number for my £75 house ...its a doddle..:rofl:

Still trying to get rid of it
clear.png

Back