Canvassing Rates

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by M.K Cleaners.co.uk, Dec 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

So I put an add on Gumtree looking for a canvasser yesterday, I just got a reply someone interested.

I already stated that I would pay 1 x per clean for every house they got (tight I know)

My other service would be commission based pay, Whats the going rate / reasonable rate?

Advertisement
  2. harunh

harunh Legend

Pay 2x per clean or 1 x per clean with 5 pound per hour on top

3. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

The agreed rate is 1 x per clean. Im not changing it now. You do realise adding 5 on top per hours is suicide? There is no guarantee you going to get a return on your money lol.

Whats the % for other services like gutter cleans and pressure washing etc. I see another add on gumtree (different line of work) at 30%

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Id pay %50 of first clean .

At the end of the day theres a lot of people out there looking for work its an employers market at the moment .

If you say you would pay £5 an hr H and 1x clean il come work for you now .
    Guaranteed id be earning more than you .

I got my nephew going to get me leads hopefully ive offered him %50 of first clean price
    For what ever he gets me anx hes happy with that .

5. harunh

harunh Legend

So if sum 1 went out for u n u payed 2x per clean n the canvasserr gained 50 kwids of work ud pay him 100 if u done 1x per and 5 an hour ud pay 65 but u gotta make sure their bringing customers in

6. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

What happens on those days they dont get anything? Unless your with them there going to take the piss. All they need to do is go sit in a cafe' or a friends house and do nothing and still get paid for it.

You have only based your assumption on them gaining work every time they go out, which we all know very well isnt the case.

7. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

If you have the time and money its worth taking a rookie on, just be aware that if your paying 50% or 100% you may end up having to re canvass the work and its difficult to keep a good canvasser when they are not earning decent money.

You may even find yourself having to get a new canvasser a month, the average life span for a door to door guy is 21 days

If you want it done properly and stress free, give me a shout.

8. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Would that mean I have to part with 1k? Also where are you based?

9. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

I only offer 1 package and thats £1000 up front and thats going up in the new year, you get £500 in good work and I cover hotels etc, Im based in Portsmouth but travel anywhere.

10. harunh

harunh Legend

u explain to them u need work coming in and tell them dont make it a habbit etc thats why its best to get sum 1 u kno to do it :)

Advertisement