Canvassing struggle!

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by JClean, Dec 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JClean

JClean Member

As the title says I've hit a wall at the moment , finding it hard to get new customers, is this normal before Xmas??
    I'm back out tomorrow evening to try and get 4 new ones for Wednesday , that will make a full days work , but still got quite a few gaps to fill for other days.
    Onwards and upwards.

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It is funny this time of year
    Getting lots of enquiries for 1 offs but not much new stuff
    Have you got a facebook page?
    Make one attached to your personal account and post your link on every local swap and sell group and community group you can find
    Join every group you can find by searching things like swap and sell..name of local areas etc..local areas tend to have their own community group
    Post in the morning and again after the evening school run
    That will get you some new jobs
    I do it every week or so now because everyone has seen it now but this time last year i was getting a couple of jobs daily from posting on about 10 groups
    Post on 1 and before you click post copy it so you can paste on all other groups
    Takes about 2 minutes then to do all of them

3. mark

mark Forum Addict

building a" window cleaning business" can be stressfull-if you let it. have you got enough customers at the moment to keep you going.if so. the rest will fall into place.im picking up quite a lot of work from my van at the moment.you will find the summer brigade wont be able to hack all the bad weather we are having at the moment & there will be plenty to go around.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. JClean

JClean Member

Yep it's building ok.
    Just had a couple of weeks where I haven't picked any new ones up and wondered if this was normal for the Xmas build up.

I'm not on Facebook so haven't been down that route yet.

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Gotta love the fair weather windies
    Come late spring they gotta go looking for work again as i will have all their old work lol

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It's work opening a personal account just for that mate
    Don't open a purely business account as they will shut it down but make a personal one the go to create a page and make the business one from that and they won't touch it
    If you don't make one you are missing a trick imo
    I have a personal account i never use but need it for business page

7. padman

padman Active Member

daveyboy can i ask what you actually put on your message on these groups. I have been having a little go with my carpet, drive and gutter cleaning stuff and not had one equiry. I am just about to try it with window cleaning as my brother returns from overseas next week and i would like to increase my window work as I only do 1/2 day a week max at the mo :( Other cleaning the other days but want to get enough work for him.

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Just a couple of sentences
    " now taking on new customers
    Call or message for a quote "
    That does me

9. padman

padman Active Member

10. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Ive found its slowed right down this last month on facebook and the leaflets, ive been at a standstill customer wise for a while. Doesnt help i got banned from fb groups mind. Should pick up after crimbo i reckon

Advertisement