Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

transferring car no claims to van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

I'm looking to get a van once the insurance is up on my works car, but have noticed car and van no claims are classed as different. I'll only have 1 years no claims to transfer but it'll knock about £35 a month off of the insurance. I know some will transfer ot and some won't, si was wondering if anyone has had any major dramas with it? Also if anyone can recommend a cheap insurer's ill be grateful, don't need to worry about a van mount as ill keep on with barrels and backpack for a while longer, if it ain't broken don't fix it mentality there, plus budget won't allow for the time being. Cheapest I've found is £1150 for the year with quote line direct, with 6 years driving, 1 fault claim early last year (daft mistake) and 1 years no claims in an alleged high risk area (used to be really bad until a few years back, no ones had there vehicle stolen round here for years). Any input would be great, cheers in advance

Try Aviva. 

Shop around on the comparison sites. I've just had my motorbike insurance renewal come through. I went on a comparison site and the same company that I'm with were doing a deal where leathers and helmet, NCD protected plus a few other things were added on top for £60 less than my quote. So I rang them up and they did the deal for £60 less than my renewal price.

Shop around!

Give the NFU a ring, 01273769625, or email them [email protected]  They gave me full no claims even though I was using them for my car. I think they say it's an introductory offer as long as you've not had any claims in the last 5 years. Just under £700 for Vivaro with factory fitted 650l water tank.

Just read you've had a claim, but might be worth a ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used aviva when I transferred from a car to van around four years ago. They weren't that badly priced either.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Just went the other way , van to car . 5 years no claims on the van which i havent been able to use on the car . Had to start from scratch again . Annoying as the van was worth 5 times the value of my car yet i'm paying two times the premium for my car as i paid for my van .

Back