Canvassing with whizzbizzsales

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Whizz-Bizz, Jan 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

Just as a small thanks to the forum for your continued support what Id like to offer is 1 hour on a Saturday to answer questions about canvassing for window cleaners, in regards to tips and tricks.

Please always read through previous questions to try and free up time for me.

But other than that feel free to ask away.

In the meantime heres some great tips
    http://www.thehub360.com/canvassing-tips.html

Advertisement
  2. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Hi mark, i am booking with you this year (end of this month spoke to you via email)

Anyway, i have a couple of questions.

1. confidence.. is there any tips you can give for just getting out there and doing it? i am worried about annoying people and its holding me back, i have not canvassed yet but i want to get going asap.

2. Methodical approach?..i was thinking about trying to get a yes or no answer from every home in a certain area, like when knocking if 50% of people are not in surely this would make your round less compact. Do you think its worth noting down houses that are not in and trying them again at another time/day to catch them in?

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Adamangler i have been getting my own work off and on for 24 years
    You need to forget about the confidence thing
    If you feel bad for the first few door knocks it will soon pass
    The worst someone has ever done to me is swear and slam the door and that is only a couple of times in 24 years
    even if you get a point blank no it is one to tick off the list and believe me after 20 minutes door knocking all anxiety about it will be gone
    Just get out there and do it

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

A thing i used to do is make my own flyers
    6 on an a4 page means 3000 from a ream of paper and go canvassing
    Anyone not in stick a flyer through during the day
    Then in the evening more people are in so do the same but find i stick a lot less flyers through
    When I was doing that i never went back to the same road if no one was in but meant i could canvass a lot more in one day
    Each to their own but you need to just get out there and do something
    They won't come to you

5. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I have always made my own too Daveyboy, but never door knocked. I just put them through and waited for a call. In truth most new enquiries come via the website and free directories.

6. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

The main trick is to practice a free flowing easy to understand script, practice it with a family member or friend. Approach the door and just be calm. Like some of the other guys have said its rare for a customer to gripe too much generally they will be supportive and respect you for having the guts to get out there.

I always note down the people that are out and re visit the hot streets either at the weekend or that evening. This does work but can back fire occasionally as you may have sucked the juice out of the street, but I still think more times than not its worth it.

Hope this helps

7. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

I think its always good to have a pocket full of flyers, with you, because you never know, you could be in a queue in the bank someone starts talking about there cleaner, your walking past a shop the owners cleaning the windows, a random notice board, its always good to prepared. A great example is I left a flyer on a counter in a shop for 1 of my cleaners, 8 months later a vicar rung up and we got a £300 church job. Keep getting them out there it does pay off in spades

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I never use a script as i have been doing it for years and it just comes off the top of my head..different for every situation and sometimes just"do you need a window cleaner" with experience comes knowing what to say each time
    Adam have a basic script and then you will find that you end up changing it for the better after time but it will help not to get tongue tied

9. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

I tend to change my ice breaker depending on who opens the door, but keep the real bones of it the same, if Ive had a run off we got one, or particularly clean I sometimes even open with "Im just a window cleaner........ But Im guessing youve already got 1" then just wait for yes or no, Or I use a different one for dog owners, and old and young people. When we meet later in year Adam your more than welcome to have a knock with me.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have even opened with "ello sweetheart you need a window cleaner?" And got the job
    You learn to read a situation instantly
    Not always right but 99.9% of the time

Advertisement