Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bulldog1966

Hi what are your thoughts on canvassing companies? In terms of cost, cost effectiveness, retention and compact rounds please.
I'm looking at setting up and want to try and make sure I have made decisions based on facts if I can

Thanks

I would suggest doing it yourself, it will save you money , you get to choose the areas that you get work , you are able to sell yourself to the customers , a canvasser will take anything on as it’s just more money in his pocket but doing it yourself you can be selective , and hopefully build a compact round .

If you can, canvass yourself as then you can quote there and then and book the customer in. Quoting there and then gives you the opportunity to look round the property asses how dirty the windows are (additional first clean fee?) plus you can see if you can reach all the windows as sometimes there are ones that you can't reach if you just have a pole, so you can either decline to quote or just quote for the ones you can reach.
Also the customer then knows you and they need to trust you as you will probably be visiting their property when they are not in!
You don't need to hard sell, just be professional looking, confident and explain your service, frequency, when you work (rain, shine, wind etc) and the price.
Personally I don't negotiate on price ( I have a basic formula to calc price), it is what it is, I just leave it with them, quite often they call a day or so later and ask to be added to round.

Latest Posts

Back