Canvassing

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Gleam123, Aug 17, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Ok its my second week of working now and have 21 customers so far, im having some real issues with actually knocking on peoples doors for some reason I find it really difficult. Even when im posting flyers I still feel a bit sheepish posting things to people and I dont know why.

What do you all usually say when your knocking doors?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. Cold calling can be really difficult either face-to-face or over the phone. The way to overcome it is to think that you could be really offering someone a great opportunity. I know where I live there are people crying out to have their windows cleaned and there is nobody to do it! If you knocked around where I live people would be grateful. (I live in low rise flats in Manchester - if there are any window cleaners on this forum that do this area, PM me and I'll let you know whereabouts :) )

I read an article about telephone cold calling the other day and thought it was useful. its from Fresh Business Thinking Newsletters.
    I think therefore I can canvass link
    Don't worry though - everyone finds cold calling difficult! :s

3. nearlyclean

Supplier

I hope that is the link ;)
    canvassing is the hardest part of the job.There seem to be a lot of areas in Manchester where window cleaners just don't get seen.I get calls from all over Manchester,But I have my little area that I concentrate on building up.PM me your area and I might be able to pass your details on

4. A.K WINDOWS

i tried cold calling and got nothing i just leaflet and let people see me up the ladders so far so good i wont knock on doors ever again got van sign written now also.

5. Ken

Ken Guest

"Good morning, my name's Bob The Builder,
    I clean windows locally and while I am here I was wondering if you'd be interested in a free window cleaning quote."
    General response is that they have one, but you'd be surprised how many people ask for quotes, as you're there! And you can tell them then and there what the price will be, they don't have to call you up and arrange to leave a gate unlocked or what not for you to quote the back.
    If they say they have a window cleaner and as such aren't interested, I tell them I'm fully insured can clean any window any height and list other cleaning I do, eg. Gutters, fascia's, cons. roofs.

Jobs a good'en.

6. thanks for posting the link - that is the one. I can't PM you I'm afraid (or the window cleaner in Manchester who has PMed me to find out what bit of Manchester I'm talking about) as I haven't posted 10 messages or more yet. Although this will be my 9th[hr]
    and this will be my 10th message, just so I have now posted 10 messages. Will PM now :)

Advertisement