Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can You Work In The Rain With A Wfp?

joe34

Hi,i'm new to this site, i've been a trad window cleaner for 4 years and shortly i will be buying a wfp round and was wondering what your customers were like if you work in the rain with this system ? i've been told people except it a lot more than working with a ladder in wet weather is this true?

depends really, i only go out in light drizzle, other guys dont care and go out in anything.

with the year we have had with all that rain, snow and frezzing weather you can get a bit of down time. winter time is the worst time.

just make sure you put money up over the good months to cover for bad weather.

I have tried going out in the rain, but get turned away. So now i dont bother. Could always do the customers that are out. But i wouldnt personally.

Thanks just another quick one ,i'm doing about on a average day 100 to 120 quid a day ,can you earn alot more with a wfp?

Personally I don't go out in proper rain, light spitting I do. I do however do houses that I know the clients will be out all day. Not cos I'm trying to be sneaky but whether it rains while u do it or 10 hours later its the same thing so may as well get it done, never had any probs like that

You can assure the customer that if there are any marks due to you cleaning them in the rain you will come back and correct it. Time period of 48 hrs they normally accept this and till now I have never been called back and when I check the following month they seem fine.

The problem I see with cleaning in the rain is, people think you're doing a wishy washy job the pole anyway and if you clean when raining it's a double **** take in their eyes.

I personally don't clean in the rain... however saying that I always book gutter cleaning or soffit and fascia cleaning in the rain.

1) They don't mind.

2) You still make money.

3) You always have someone come over and ask for a price.

4) I always get loads of cups of tea, biscuits and cake.

Just make sure you're rapped up from the poor weather then all systems go!!!

Good Luck let us know how you get on.... /emoticons/biggrin.png

Also depends on where in the country you live. I know if you live in the south east it only has to look like raining that week and people don't want them cleaned whereas further north you get this seems to be less of a problem .

In Manchester if I didn't clean in the rain I would never work. I suppose it depends on the type of customers you have and whether they really want them cleaned on a regular basis.

I try not to work in rain, mainly cos I don't like getting wet! It makes no odds however if you do, and at the end of the day this is England for most of us where it rains on average about every 3 days, but try explaining that to the custy! I had someone cancel me because it rained an hour AFTER I'd cleaned them! And one last week said not to bother as last time it rained THE NEXT DAY!! You can't reason with idiots I'm afraid

when it is raining I tend to do the customers i know are not going to be in holiday and second home owners and commercials so there alsways something to do to bring in the pennys

Explain to your customers that for you to stay regular, windows must be cleaned in some times less that desirable conditions,

dont go in driving rain or high winds or minus day temps where wfp will cause slip hazards etc, everything else should be acceptable.

My view is lose the ones that moan and can`t except you have 3 4 500+ others jobs to do.

If the want a personal window cleaner to turn up when its sunny, charge them £50 an hour for the pleasure.

i clean in the rain if customers come out n complain i say to them it wont make a difference /emoticons/smile.png simple as that /emoticons/smile.png

its gotta be done /emoticons/smile.png and i find that 80% of my customers arent home anyway their always at work so doesnt really effect me

if i never worked in the rain id always be behind on my work lol

Back