Canvassing

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by JDMW, Mar 3, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JDMW

JDMW Guru

you have prob seen i have had epic failure at this, just wondering how you get over the nerves on knocking the first homes?? i need to see where im going wrong.

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

I don't like doing it either. Luckily my rounds ok now so anything that comes along is a bonus. I had a canvasser start me off when I started.

3. JDMW

JDMW Guru

i dunno where i go wrong seriously i dont. its scary i find.
    do you knock houses that have the no cold callers and salesmen ??

4. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

TBH I am bad at canvassing, I stutter at the worse of times in a normal convosation(hard to try not to stutter)

If I can get customers by canvassing(hate it and dont do it often) then anyone can (even you) :)

5. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

when I go canvassing I dress smart/casual don't go over the top with trousers just clean jeans and a smart top/ coat and when I knock just say hi I was just wondering if you wanted a window cleaner, if they say no be polite and just ok thanks sorry to disturb you, you've got to be relaxed and confident (not cocky) it really is easy once you get into just don't take it to heart when they say no just carry on. as for the ones with the no canvassers signs I still knock them there the best ones no one else dare knock had one person point to the sign and I just said im a window cleaner not a canvasser and he just laughed and said fair enough. one method ive been using for my gutters is putting a leaflet threw the door then following up a few days later and just say " hi im just following up on the gutter cleaning leaflet I posted the other day and wondered if you was interested in a quote? ( smile and show them the leaflet) at that point you usually get a oh yeah (means there interested) or no thanks or what leaflet (usually still sat on the doormat with all the other junk)

6. JDMW

JDMW Guru

ok ill give it a go tomorrow after my gutter clean. i know there are cleaners in the area tho, not sure which homes they do tho :( wouldnt wanna steal other cleaners work.

7. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

unless there really bad or you deliberately under quote you wouldn't steal anyones work most people are fairly loyal to there window cleaners for some strange reasons

8. JDMW

JDMW Guru

in these times of money and jobs being bad people are out for a bargain. i recon i can clean a house in 20 mins max. i aim to get atleast £20 ph max im not greedy :). im going to offer ppl a 4 weekly clean at £9 excluding connys. i bet they will rip my arms off along with other cleaners in the area. i can easily get 3 homes in a hour done cant i??? then later on in the year put it up to a tenner. i just put an ad on facebook offering this deal. see how many i get take this offer up.

9. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do a set price not all houses take 20 mins I clean some house that I charge £25 for and they take about 45 mins plus travelling etc ive also got some 2 bed terrace house that I do for £6 and take me 15 mins a piece I also clean every 4 weeks most do know

10. JDMW

JDMW Guru

yeh i only offer 4 or 8 weekly. i have 2 on 12 weekly

Advertisement