Car Or Van

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by emoclean, Oct 28, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. emoclean

emoclean Newcomer

Just wondered how many use cars compared to van as I use a estate car but have thought about a change?

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

A van gives a better impression to customers in my opinion, no matter whether you're trad or wfp.

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I just bought a Renault scenic and taking the centre rear seat out. Looking for a small long slim tank now to go down middle and having back suspension sorted by a mate. will carry enough water for my purposes v

4. C-THROUGH

C-THROUGH Active Member

I have had both in the past but currently use a car as it suits my business better!
    I disagree with people that say that it looks more professional or that it gives a better impression if you have a van as in my opinion as long as you act professional and do a good job 99% of customers would not care if you arrived on a chocolate bike!
    It is about the job you do.
    Just my opinion!!

5. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i used to have a astra estate i liked it cos the roof was low geting ladders off was easy good on fuel an nce an nippy for when i went colecting but it was to small as i got more kit so had to get a van fiat scudo 4 me i thault it is mce easer an no issu with space ide never go bk to car again if i was trad only then ide get a car but im 60 40 wfp so i think van suts me beta the good thing about a van is it comes in very handy 4 other stuff ie moving house hobbys or wat ever so van all the way 4 me

6. johnny bravo

i use an estate car at the moment, just cover seats up , messy when it gets wet. backpack and 25 litre drums. 27 clx, trad gear in back. best of both as allinson says

7. chilt69

chilt69 Active Member

If I was fitting a tank, or carrying around a lot of drums I'd go the van route. A little split in a hose, or a drum tipping over can cause havoc. Most van electrics are up out the way, estate cars etc have electrics along the floor.

8. emoclean

emoclean Newcomer

im fully trad at mo but toying with the idea of wfp trolley to do upstairs so to do away with ladders

9. johnny bravo

you will be glad you did when the autumn winds come, bad time for climbing ladders bedroom height.

10. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

thats one thing i hated was damp bk seats i used to carry 10 25l drums trollie to poles an trad gear an me dog in his big cage was a bit cramped lol

Advertisement