Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Printing my flyers (saving money, spending some time)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Masons

Ok guys, last week I went out and bought the Kodak CS-315 Printer, Ink, 500 sheets of paper and I am borrowing my mothers paper trimmer(thanks mom).

Now, all this came to the price of £97.

Meaning I could have bought 5,000 leaflets online for over £100, yet I am able to print 1,000 and have the capabilities to print more or anything else, and change my designs in a split second, for less in money, as long as I spend some time on it.

Now, I know you guys will say time=money, so paying for leaflets is better, but no. I generally don't earn money in my evenings so I see it working out if I sacrifice an evening.

And I know buying another 2,000 a4 paper and buying ink will cost more ontop of this price, but Kodak sell the cheapest ink, so it shouldn't be much more, AND I get a printer in the end. hehe

Now, All is set up. I've already printer a hundred or so, and am doing the rest now as i have finished work early as a) it's raining and /emoticons/wink.png I felt like it.

I'll commence printing, show you the pile I have later. And will answer questions about how good the printer is or how easy this process is to anyone who asks questions.

I will however, be explaining in detail how I go about the process of canvassing efficiently and approaching customers in the VIP Business chat section, so those who help contribute to the site financially get a few extra bits of info on how I go about my business.

It's not maybe the way most do but if someone learns from how I go about my job then I'm happy.

I'll be letting you all know how I do ratio-wise with picking jobs up, I'm hoping for at least 1 from every 100, so I should get 50 jobs.

I know most of you will say the ratio will be higher, and I hope so, but i'm keeping targets low, as I do not know what to expect, and also because I don'y want to be disappointed by putting up massive approximates of work.

If this totals more than £500 ppm then I'll be happy, as it'll pay for the costs and time incurred from printing these leaflets.

I hope I can help some of you and if you have questions just ask.

Masons.

p.s it takes 3:20 to print 20, an mine are in colour.

I write this now so as to not forget later. and also so you can comment on it maybe?lol

Hi mate cheers for the info. Best part of making your own is you dont have to wait for postage lol.

If you wouldnt mind id like to see your leaflet?

I dont mind doing a you show me yours ill show you mine lol. Cheers

I'll see what I can do neil.

It took me about 80/90 mins to print and cut 260 leaflets on 130 pieces of paper.

It used up most of the sample inks that came with the printer, I am yet to put a full cartridge.

I did also print off a fair few testers and such to test the printers abilities and qualities, all of which I am happy with. hehe

I have decided this week to spend about 15hours printing and cutting around 2,500 leaflets. I figure I may get more done with a system of working. Also I can be doing other chores while they're all printing.

I'm very happy with the results.

Then you have to deliver them all!! I got 5000 printed about a year ago and still have about 2000!! I sort of gave up as I never had much calls, but good luck with yours!

Thanks, I used a relatives printer and printed off about 50?

I delivered them and picked up 5 new jobs; 4 from introducing myself on the door and chatting, 1 from ringing me back and asking for a clean.

I have plenty of area to cover so I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I love canvassing more than window cleaning, it's great assessing jobs. lol

I think you would have benefited financially if you had of purchased an epson printer with a cis system

( continuous ink system ) as you get a separate ink tank and they last hell of a lot longer than ink cartridges .

I have one of those and an epson printer .

I looked around at various options and never came across this.

Either way I'm happy with the costs I have took on and can pay them quite easily.

I won't lose out on much.

But please post details on other printing options, anything to help the websites members. /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks, I used a relatives printer and printed off about 50?

I delivered them and picked up 5 new jobs; 4 from introducing myself on the door and chatting, 1 from ringing me back and asking for a clean.

I have plenty of area to cover so I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I love canvassing more than window cleaning, it's great assessing jobs. lol
I love canvassing too, it's money for the taking. I have separate flyers for gutter cleaning and would do drops with them, but for the window flyers i just rap each do unless their windows are sparkling already.

I also done out lists of each street in an area, was over 900 houses, had odd numbers and even numbers in separate books for each street and when calling I was able to mark if they said no, yes, or no answer and then I would know each house I have to call back to. I had the 2 books hoping to get help but been on my own and have done great so far

Ok, so I printed some maps off google maps and started one of the streets today.

I've distributed 91 leaflets, only spoke to about 5 people though, not many people in during the day on this road it seems.

I gave 2 quotes and both very happy with them. 1 job seems certain, the other is highly possible.

So I'm very happy.

will be interested to see where you are at the end of the flyers fella

are you dropping them anywhere in that area or specific streets ?

I have area's where I know houses will be worth doing. I print off different territories and then mark roads off as I do them.

I have on map 1 approx 350 houses, 90 done.

I am starting on the bigger houses in the 4 area's.

The houses I covered today were all £10's but all on a long road which makes them nice targets.

Back