Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Competition

KFH19

Name : Kevin Higgs

Cleaning Method :Reach & Wash

Years cleaning :Just started

Area :South Oxfordshire

About me :Set up my own pressure washing business last summer and have now started window cleaning also.

Hello window cleaning heros, I've been looking on this site for a couple of months now and have just added a water fed trolley system to my pressure washing business. I just have a couple of questions if I can pick your brains please-

I did a pressure washing job for a customer and also clean the windows on their business property, it came up in conversation that she also runs a hotel which she needs get quotes for window cleaning as the landlords says they are paying too much. She told me how much they pay and I think it is a fair price, however I would do it for less. They currently use one of the main (largest) window cleaning companies in the area. Is it foul play if I now quote them at a lower price knowing what they are currently paying?

Another question, we're members of a local sales site on facebook, we posted a half price offer for window cleaning and got a good response straight away, however it was taken down after 20mins presumably because were a business. How do you get work via facebook?

Many thanks

Kevin

Welcome! just quote them, she asked you and told you! You can advertise on facebook it costs money, and you can pin point your ad to people in certain areas and to certain age groups.

wecome ,ill say pretty much what shinytime is saying she wants a quote and youve provided her with one .but be sure to know roughly how its going to take , exemple you dont want to charge £30 if it takes you all day .

Hia Kevin welcome to WCF, my philosophy is never undercut on domestic work its pennies but commercial is different so you do what you need to do to get the contract I suppose.

id beat there price if i wanted the job , but i wouldnt expect much loyalty from her as shes obviously trying to keep their overheads down and the next newbie that comes along might take the job off you :Image4:

Thank you all so much for the advice.....top lads!

Also I have been asked to give a price for a local primary school ( no current window cleaning )

Separate quotes for 1) outside only once a year

2) inside and out once a year

3) inside and out twice a year

Pricing this is blowing my mind, any advice would be most welcome.

There's probably about 100 windows, nothing too big and 90% ground floor.

Back