Carbon gutter poles?

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Neil, Sep 28, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Am looking to upgrade to carbon fibre gutter poles but don't want to spend thousands lol, looking for really lightweight ones, anyone got any links or actually using carbon poles for gutter cleaning to see how light and good they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I use aerospace grade t1 ali poles from omni that are not particularly lightweight but are very robust as have taken loads of abuse. Maybe if I did loads of 3 storey work then I would contemplate getting carbon poles instead to make the job a bit easier. However being carbon I would not expect them to last very long compared to the ones I use now.

There are a few suppliers selling hybrid or full carbon guttervac poles which you can find info on the net. Some maybe cheaper than others but I suppose that's down to the quality and material of the pole also suppliers markup so who knows which ones are best.:rolleyes:

3. Neil

Neil Grand Master

You see gutters that are set back on the roof on a loft conversion ? How would you get to them smurf? I've had one and it's sooo difficult to try and get the pole up and at the angle to get to to them

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

On really awkward bits of a property to save struggling I tend to use a ladder as a fulcrum to take the weight of the pole.

This pic give you the general idea what I'm on about

IMG_0023.JPG

If it's a two storey home with dormer windows set back in the roof I can use the same principle if need be but I would check the guttering first with a guttercam to see if they need doing or not as most of the time they are clear.

5. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Still very awkward I bet with heavy poles smurf , your right though a camera comes in handy for that sort of thing

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#6 Smurf, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    Carbon guttervac poles would be easier to use for sure on 3 storey and/or on acute angles but I'm not convinced they would last me very long at all. I still might get at set to try them out though.

Interesting to note that ppl use to buy gardiner wfp base sections a while ago then alex started supplying grippamax with carbon guttervac poles but he don't sell them himself.
    http://www.grippatank.co.uk/vacuum/high-level-vacuum-poles-kits-spares/carbon-poles-upto-60ft.html

I would not be without my gopro camera now as saves me loads of time/hassle checking gutters on quotes and actually doing a guttervac job.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

This is an interesting vid as includes some tips on how to use a guttervac.

8. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Would love to have a sky vac but paying £2500 for the kit is ridiculous!!!!

9. Neil

Neil Grand Master

The grippamax ones are a good price I think , omnipole sell them a £100 a section plus vat that's the cheapest I have found so far

10. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Are there any discounts on the grippamax gutter carbon poles that anyone knows of? E.g forum member or anything like that lol

Advertisement