Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Frank strikes again

Smurf

Frank was doing great on exterior house clean today. Gutter cleared out a treat even though a bit tight using a gutter vac. Then a quick wash over the outside of the guttering, fascias & soffits sorted. Then he cleaned all windows as were minging on the house. Going great guns he was until he decided whilst cleaning the conservatory roof to put a big ******* hole in it...FFS.

Lucky it did not go straight through as was old brittle 2 cell type roof panels... Anyway after frank done a funny song and dance around the garden he then went to speak to the house owner.

" :itwasntme:honest guv" he was thinking to himself as the chap came to the door. Sadly he could not tell fibs after all as the chap went running upstairs and looked out the window when it happened. Well it did make a hell of a crash when it broke after all. Anyway frank was fully composed by this time and explained what had had happened in a very apologetic way. The customer had steam coming out of his ears at first but after frank had calmed him down he calmly patched the hole in the roof and finished off the job as you do.

Next frank was wondering is this guy going to pay me for the work had done or not.

What do you think YES or NO? /emoticons/biggrin.png

Frank will not be going near it...Insurance jobby me thinks but wii get a few quotes in first to see which is the best way to go.

At least I got paid for today which was a bonus I suppose :rolleyes:

How annoying. You can probably have it done cheaper then your insurance excess,it should just be a straight swap like for like. At least its still water tight, otherwise you probably be paying emergency fees to whoever would accept the job.

Even though I was using my ladder with the ankalad I had the top section of the ladder with a microlite on it that I was using on a wall. But then frank decided to move it to rest on the roof of the conservatory so it was out of the way. Next thing I new frank thought he would just check his work as that ladder was in a handy position to do so. . Then the fun begain as one of the rubber wheels went through the 1'st layer of the twin cell panel. Oops! /emoticons/biggrin.png

So the motto of the story I guess is don't use a mircrolite standoff resting on a conservatory roof.:rolleyes:

Frank was doing great on exterior house clean today. Gutter cleared out a treat even though a bit tight using a gutter vac. Then a quick wash over the outside of the guttering, fascias & soffits sorted. Then he cleaned all windows as were minging on the house. Going great guns he was until he decided whilst cleaning the conservatory roof to put a big ******* hole in it...FFS.
Lucky it did not go straight through as was old brittle 2 cell type roof panels... Anyway after frank done a funny song and dance around the garden he then went to speak to the house owner.

" :itwasntme:honest guv" he was thinking to himself as the chap came to the door. Sadly he could not tell fibs after all as the chap went running upstairs and looked out the window when it happened. Well it did make a hell of a crash when it broke after all. Anyway frank was fully composed by this time and explained what had had happened in a very apologetic way. The customer had steam coming out of his ears at first but after frank had calmed him down he calmly patched the hole in the roof and finished off the job as you do.

Next frank was wondering is this guy going to pay me for the work had done or not.

What do you think YES or NO? /emoticons/biggrin.png
I wish this Frank fella would **** off and leave us all alone /emoticons/sad.png

Oops! indeed...

It's a good job I've got insurance for this as if I had standard public liabilty I would not be covered. Mind you I have not phoned them yet as is 250 squid exess. So before I do I will get some quotes in as might work out cheaper to get a local firm to sort it out instead.

wonder who frank is going to work with next :eek:

hate to have him 2 days running :laugh:

Straight after I went to quote on a big house in the sticks. Frank thought it would be funny after he finished the quote to pull out just as one of the customers kids had overtook as we were parked outside the house on the road. Then the kid decided to try turning into the driveway in front of me. Needless to say he did not quite make it so I had to reverse so he could get up the drive. ******* boy racers :lipssealed:

I guess now that's blown my chances of winning that job,,,What a day /emoticons/sad.png

I wish this Frank fella would **** off and leave us all alone /emoticons/sad.png
He managed to break the van i was driving today too

Fraaaaaaaank!!

So I hear...again as it's not the first time /emoticons/biggrin.png

what time did you get back home?

that above smurfy reminds me of his lordship..the house is two mill plus, saying oh yes you can park in front of my gates as there is loads of room.

apart from a near frank moment as I hadnt noticed the big light hanging above the car I parked up and got to work..

his lordship had gone out but....he later returned in a nice big white hire van....and was now lodged in the gates..:rolleyes:

it was a bit embarrassing to say the least but he had decided that he could get the van through were as I could see it wasnt going to fit..

eventually he managed to reverse it back out and I moved my car but there were some nice scratches on the panel....

of course as lordships do he regularly runs around in a really old nissan with no tax or mot but this is the country for you..

I have just been on a frank avoidance course cost me £200 but well worth it ...I now have a certificate to say frank will not bother me again:rolleyes:

i have a guy who can sort out cracked panes etc and bust gutterin etc handy for when customers need stuff replaced or this franks fcuks around on job

he done me in today lol i was doing a first clean and a vent cover fell off got the ladder and clear silacone out and fixed it up at end wen it were dry happi days

Back