Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

Picked up 5 houses this week worth £80 monthly & a works unit which means after just over 4 years trading my round is now full & can afford to start turning work down or getting rid of the **** & replacing it with good. Now need to sort it all out & put in some kind of order. It's 450 customers.

Tell me about it. I'm not the most organised person in the world lol.
nor am i at times, i have a stack of scrap bits of paper on my desk that has jobs on it as i havent had the chance to put them into the round book yet! lol

Why stop turning work down? employ someone to help you, you never know what could happen. I wouldnt even think of turning work down to be honest what ever stage I was at. Im greedy though lol

Past few months I have just scribbled out lonely houses I couldn't be bothered with. And will be canvassing all my big areas so I can cancel some more loners

Why stop turning work down? employ someone to help you, you never know what could happen. I wouldnt even think of turning work down to be honest what ever stage I was at. Im greedy though lol
I worked 21 years in a factory working nights & all the hours god sent. I started this to really just earn a decent living & not to work my nuts off. I have a lad with me now. I don't want to work Saturday's as don't need to. Kids are gone no mortgage so can just have a nice easy life earning what I want to earn. I also don't want to go through all the rigmarole of tax & insurance with someone on the books. Worked hard to get here & just want an easy life & earn a decent living. Mission accomplished.

I worked 21 years in a factory working nights & all the hours god sent. I started this to really just earn a decent living & not to work my nuts off. I have a lad with me now. I don't want to work Saturday's as don't need to. Kids are gone no mortgage so can just have a nice easy life earning what I want to earn. I also don't want to go through all the rigmarole of tax & insurance with someone on the books. Worked hard to get here & just want an easy life & earn a decent living. Mission accomplished.
Ah fair play to you then mate, Im guessing your working 5 days a week?

well done posh im the same i wouldnt want the hassle of employing someone i enjoy working on my own and can still earn good money

well done posh im the same i wouldnt want the hassle of employing someone i enjoy working on my own and can still earn good money
Same here the best aprt aboout the job is your working on your own and freedom /emoticons/biggrin.png

H I play catch up every day lol. If you have 450 custies & average 10 a day that's 45 days. Without weekends that's 9 weeks. Got lad with me now so have nearly caught up & with him should manage to stay on top of it.

H I play catch up every day lol. If you have 450 custies & average 10 a day that's 45 days. Without weekends that's 9 weeks. Got lad with me now so have nearly caught up & with him should manage to stay on top of it.
What size houses are you doing and what are prices of them?

Sounds good posh. I dont know how you cope with 450 customers. I have about 230 and thats enough for me. I do have a lot of big houses in those 230 customers though, I also help a lady out with her hotel grounds one day per week and garden half a day a week. I have to work most Saturdays to keep up. I have found myself, of late, chasing the money and getting frustrated when I dont get as many houses done as planned. Really, like you I should be a bit more chilled and get a better work life balance. After all, the mortgage is paid and the Mrs works. Think I might just concentrate on fine tuning the round.

Back