Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panel cleaning evidence ........

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I got asked by local sp company to clean all the customers but after a good chat and some case studies and quotes passed it on to someone else.want to concentrate and continue what I do unless it's worth the money.
Was that the one we exchanged a few posts about a couple of weeks back? You sounded positive about that. What went wrong? Was it not gonna work out their end or yours?

I stand at around a £1000 invested in solar panel cleaning gear so far, so shouldn't take long to get back.
I have 3 jobs already booked in, little bit nervous. But hey ho lol
What ya nervous about?

My first 3 jobs are roof mounts.

But I have a farm job to price up. Prob

About 25 ft high on metal roofs.

I do have a bungalow job. But not yet lmao.

its very dangerous cleaning solar panels on houses i reckon

some houses dont have space etc and it can be very tight and when its tight its just awkward

My first 3 jobs are roof mounts.
But I have a farm job to price up. Prob

About 25 ft high on metal roofs.

I do have a bungalow job. But not yet lmao.
Like I said before, if you want, I'll come and stand by and hold your hose for you! Lol

its very dangerous cleaning solar panels on houses i reckon
some houses dont have space etc and it can be very tight and when its tight its just awkward
Not at all, if they can get up there to fit them then there always a way to clean them! Lol

All about using the right access equipment

Last time I looked the only good days we have in the next 10 days is Wednesday and Thursday this week!
According to weather report, Wednesday and Friday could be trouble.

But all week it looks like showers,rain,sleet,snow,wind and earthquakes (I may have made one up /emoticons/wink.png )

I think some of you chaps are living in a dream world myself /emoticons/biggrin.png

Not at all, if they can get up there to fit them then there always a way to clean them! LolAll about using the right access equipment

how do you guys doing solar panels market/advertise for the work?

I came conclusion best bet was contracts with installers. That just the standard way you reckon as opposed to all the effort locating them yourself and leaflet dropping blah blah

i cleaned about 20 panels the other month mounted on a garage roof, corragated steel with a very shallow angle infact pretty much flat, he is in competition with his son to see whose system produces the most leccy. anyway they weren't really dirty about the same as the picture where half cleaned and half not on page 1 or 2, and he monitored for a week on his feed in meter and said cleaning made nearly 0% difference to his output

I've looked into solar panel cleaning. I spent a morning on the phone to installers. Got no joy at all. They all said that they sell them as self cleaning and how are they going to tell a customer that they have a firm that will clean them. I then targeted directly to solar owners. I sent individualy written flyers. No interest also. Think I'll stick to what I know unless something falls in my lap.

Back