Cash flow!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by CMRwindowcleaning, Mar 24, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CMRwindowcleaning

CMRwindowcleaning Active Member

Has to be one of the worst parts of being a window cleaner...lots of £15 here and £13 there not to mention waiting 30 days for commercial transfer! Some days it feels like you have come home and earned nothing and then it trickles in slowly. Obviously you get your good cash days and also good transfer days but if I had all my money paid to me in my hand every week id be a lot better off. Anyone else find this? Don't get me wrong I'd still rather have it trickle in than go and work for someone else!!!

Advertisement
  2. Paddy McNally

Paddy McNally Member

I've commercial work on a three month turn around that takes ten weeks to get paid for after it done, 30 day would be great

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

That's why all new business is GoCardless or go away. I still have a rolling debt list of £1000 - £1200 at anyone point but that is going be dealt with over the coming weeks.

4. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Always have about fifty outstanding payments. It's a pain for sure.

5. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

worst thing off this job, dont trust BACS sounds gd but folk are not interested if they pay you or not so they have to be chased also
    collecting is the biggest problem

6. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

gocardless could be gd option

7. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

I think it's been discussed before: BACS or gocardless, and then collecting is simply a text message. Easy peasy. In fact, I would have thought that would be a feature on Cleanerplanner

8. Markyboy 50

We always get paid in the end. I don't mind it trickling in slowly.

9. GleamCleanUK

GleamCleanUK Member

We've been using go cardless for about a year now. Have just over 80% of the client base on go cardless. All customers that refuse to use the go cardless system can pay via b.a.c.s but if the payment Isn't received 3 working days after the job is completed on their property, they are fined a 50% late payment charge of the price of job. Which is stated in the terms and conditions we hand them on the door on the first clean. So if gutters are cleaned for over £100 it gives the customer a rocket up their ****. Haven't to date received a late payment. Best way to deal with clients who like to control their spending. Is tell them that you operate a business that requires cash flow. If they are on direct debits with their phone and broadband provider and other services they require. That is the easiest option. So there is no reason why anyone with an Internet connection can't sign up on go cardless or pay within 3 days via b.a.c.s.
    As regards customers that can only pay via cash and cheque. Usually it's the older clients that want to use this method and their always in. If not cheque is in the post within the hour they come back.

10. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Would like to see a 50 % price fine. Stand up in court What happens if it is then a week overdue

Advertisement