cash only

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by bluemonkey, Apr 18, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

was thinking of going online payments only the other week, but even though i say i will not be collecting, i end up having to or i go skint, so am thinkign of going cash only, as i got to go back anyway so t is only adding 1 or 2 houses a street on, the main thing is the fees i am getting charges, i pay a fee when they pay, i pay a fee to get my money, i then pay a fee to with draw the money from the bank, at least if i get cash only i will be better off

what do you lot think

Advertisement
  2. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I think it's best to offer as many options as you can- The more options for the customer, the more likely you are to get their money.

I find it very useful when people say 'Oh I don't have any cash', I can say 'No problem, I can take a cheque'...'Oh, I can't find my cheque book'...'No problem, you can pay online'...'Oh, I don't bank online'...'No problem, screw you then'. Lol- that last one is a joke.

I try not to deal with people that mess me about money wise, but keep your options open I say.

3. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Dont understand what you mean?. Why do you have to pay a fee when they pay?, and why do you have to pay a fee to get your money?, and why do you have to pay a fee to withdraw your money?. Also, are the 1st and 2nd points not the same thing?, and surely you just need to go to a cash machine which doesnt charge to avoid the 3rd point?.

But at the end of the day, the comments posted for your last 'scheme' (online only) still apply. If you are not flexible with regards to which payments you will accept, there are plenty of other windy's out there who will be happy to pick up your customers!.

4. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Its best to take whatever payment you can get, if they say do you take cheque? They obviously have no cash, so you take it while your there. As for collecting, to me that's the best part!! I'd only get around a third of my customers in during the day, and they are all good payers so I usually only have to collect Thursday n Friday ***hts.. Or if it's been bad then I'd pop out on the Monday. It would be great if everyone paid there and then but just won't happen. Try asking them to leave it out under plant pots or out the back?

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i pay as i use paypal/nochecx for online payments, as these charge me a fee to take payments and to send me the money, i then get charged by my bank as my free banking period has ended, the only way i dont get charged by my bank is if i buy something with a card, pay money in and take out i get charged,

i also get charged 30p per chq that i pay in

6. Podrikk007

Podrikk007 Well-Known Member

Get a PayPal debit card. They are free and you can go straight to cash machine and withdraw

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?uv1vmt

7. meridion

meridion Guest

LMAO! The last response is quality!

8. Podrikk007

Podrikk007 Well-Known Member

Hehe

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?o55ujv

Advertisement