Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory cleaning - Techniques & pricing help please

Topcat

Hi All, First post for me. Brand new not only to this forum but the whole window cleaning business. Have recently started up having been made redundant earlier in the year. Have taken my time getting sorted with Trad equipment, van, ladders, some great flyers etc. Feel there a good opportunity in my area. As a result of a recent flyer drop I've had a call asking me to quote for a conservatory. Something I hadn't really thought about being that I want to establish as a trad window cleaner first (inc. gutters etc). So, help needed please re. techniques and pricing, as I feel I don't really want to turn any potential work away. Thanks in advance

Hi All, First post for me. Brand new not only to this forum but the whole window cleaning business. Have recently started up having been made redundant earlier in the year. Have taken my time getting sorted with Trad equipment, van, ladders, some great flyers etc. Feel there a good opportunity in my area. As a result of a recent flyer drop I've had a call asking me to quote for a conservatory. Something I hadn't really thought about being that I want to establish as a trad window cleaner first (inc. gutters etc). So, help needed please re. techniques and pricing, as I feel I don't really want to turn any potential work away. Thanks in advance
Plenty of videos on YouTube that will show you how to do it. Look for Darren Greens video.

As for pricing, well that would depend on how much you want to earn per hour and how long you think it will take you to clean the conservatory.

Don't underprice yourself (and the rest of us)

Best of luck.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ok @Topcat this is what I would do after considering all you said.

I would buy one of these Gardiner Pure Water Backpack V3 - 22 litre - The Gardiner Backpack - Portable Systems Gardiner Pole Systems and one of these poles http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/telescopic-poles/clx-ii-carbon-composite-pole/pole-clx-27.html and Viro-Sol Citrus Multi Surface Cleaner Degreaser Virosol 5L 10L 20L 200L and finally

25 LITRE WATER CANNISTERS | eBay

Now you have a backpack and pole suitable for cladding cleans on all houses pretty much and a backpack system for all conny cleans. Also you have a chemical that will do the damage and a method to transport water. Congratulations you can now offer two add one with one set up this year. Now what?

Firstly this is a small outlay for what it is. Advertising wise think buy and sell sites (make a fb business page off your own one) on fb and also boosting fb paid status, along with revenue from a google business page. This is the season for all this afterall.

Get some cheap magic sponges for stubborn marks also.

Price wise I would in your shoes do these initial conny cleans cheap, and I know some will disagree but it's a chance for you to get imagery of your work, learn and build a reputation. If this was windows I would suggest keeping a price from the start you were happy with.

Method. I do conny cleans early on in the day, the reason being I can turn up with hot water in the tubs. I initially spray all exterior with quite a heavy mix of virosol and warm water,let it dwell and essentially get scrubbing.

A few pointers. Be careful with end caps on conny roofs they can easily snap or fall off,also do not completely spray the life out of the higher points of the conny roof top as often the water can find it's way in.

If it's a poly composite roof then your laughing but if glass you are either going to need pure water or a extension pole and moerman excelerator or similar to finish.

Chris, thank you so much for some amazing an detailed advice. I'm going to pop to take a look at the job tomorrow, and will decide if it's something I want to take on so early. I will certainly consider all you've suggested. Been out today dropping off flyers and picked up 6 new customers, without even trying too much. I think my area has been neglected, so if this conny job looks too much, I'll concentrate of the windows until I'm more confident/experienced and have the right kit to do a proper jobs. I don't want to portray an unprofessional imagine. Really appreciate the time you've take to help. Rgds

No problem

I bought a big boy facelift backpack and aluminium pole before I could even properly trad. I done this when new like you..i still am new but I mean really new! It has paid for itself many many times over in cladding cleans,conny roof cleans and exterior gutter line cleaning

When you get cleaning tickets made add info on what extra ya offer to said tickets. Vista print will do the tickets cheap and you can furthermore use tactics on business page ie 100 shares and one lucky winner gets a free cladding clean etc or refer a friend for similar servicing for a half price cladding clean.

If time is on your hands why not? Next year your prices will reflect the demand hopefully. Little by little.

Good luck mate

Thanks guys for your advice. I'm considering the Unger nLite HydroPower 6L Di starter set, just to me going. Thoughts?

A question about it though. I'm in hard water area so would this get to the standard of water I'd need? Also, does this system just connect up to a customers outside tap, and away you go? or do I need to think of pumping water from van?

btw, I got 2 x 25ltr & 1 x 10ltr containers off ebay already, was planning on using them for the trad work

Also got 2000 double sided flyers, and a FB page. Picked up a few more customer yesterday, including a gutter clear & clean, which I'm sure I've under priced but I need to get myself out there and visible, all very local atm too.

ps. bought a wagtail to try out which arrived today, so that's be fun ! lol

Top cat that is a very expensive unit for what it is and I have one too (handy digital display of ppm though) , I have a 11 litre vessel that was way cheaper too. Small one is handy for carrying in the van due to size and if you lived in a soft water area then yes you could have connected to a tap.

Have a search on here 're RO systems, where I stay the water purity (ppm) is 50 odd so i can go the di vessel route (what you are considering). Unfortunately you won't have that luxury.

Good to hear ya have canisters, can never have enough of them when starting out. What are you using for the gutter cleans? I mean what tools and such like.

If you are already making headway with add ons keep promoting that via buy and sell sites daily with the link to your fb business page on the adverts. I say things like Fife Window Cleaning Services offer gutter cleaning Fife wide

Down pipes checked as standard (don't assume ppl think you would do this so be crystal clear)

All waste disposed of

Before and after pics of gutter (think reassurance) etc...

Have to sell the product as much as you can to be a cut above bob who writes 'gutter cleaning fiver a side' and nothing else

Use these pics of work your doing and add them to this business page as you can. When ya get busier they will be handy for website,google my business page (do now if can), later on fliers, portfolio of pics for van walk up ppl..lots of use see.

That is a good start with fliers and don't be disappointed if response isn't great,or it may be great...who knows. More than one way to sell your service is my point so A fliers B chap doors C online presence is a good start.

When using the degreaser through the hose will this then not ruin it if you're going to use it for purified water window cleans? I'm also considering purchasing a facelift backpack, been doing traditional for 2 years and now it's time to upgrade but don't know much about wfp systems

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I generally trad connys so it's not an issue after the chems but the above is what I would do if A glass roof I had to use pure on B I was gona wfp it all. I have two different backpacks so one for chems one for pure if chose to but yeah spray bottle will be best bet if wfp'ing it all after a chem clean

Green you say you charge £10 per panel but within that pricing does that also cover the work involved for the guttering and windows, I am currently at £5 per panel then add a little more for the rest of the work involved.
£10 Per panel covers the whole conny.

No point doing a roof and not bothering with sides and gutters IMO

When using the degreaser through the hose will this then not ruin it if you're going to use it for purified water window cleans? I'm also considering purchasing a facelift backpack, been doing traditional for 2 years and now it's time to upgrade but don't know much about wfp systems

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
Not if you care for your gear. After chem use run a barrel of good old tap water through it then a couple of liters of pure and your good to go.

£10 Per panel covers the whole conny.No point doing a roof and not bothering with sides and gutters IMO

Not if you care for your gear. After chem use run a barrel of good old tap water through it then a couple of liters of pure and your good to go.
Just out of interest what would you price this conservatory at ?

IMG_0690.PNG

£10 Per panel covers the whole conny.No point doing a roof and not bothering with sides and gutters IMO

Thanks Green I do the whole lot already agreed no point otherwise as it won't be a proper job and windows etc will have been splashed and dirty.

Back