Chalky white stuff coming from double glazed frames

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by abs, Oct 9, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. abs

abs Guru

Has anyone experienced this and has anyone solved the problem ? Got a £18 house today and it's a lovely little job but there's white stuff coming from the plastic frame and it's effecting the rinse and how it's drying :)

Advertisement
  2. seye

seye Forum Addict

The only time I've come across white stuff is when folks put that and killer powder round their frame at the walls to kill the ants, can be loads of them up here in summer but doesn't sound like that's what your experiencing.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

3. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

It's just oxidisation of the plastic mate. A really good scrub usually shifts it, just keep scrubbing 'till the "milk" disappears!;)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. abs

abs Guru

Does it eventually stop then ? This house has 4 huge bay windows , I better scrub harder lol

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Milky Milky :D

That's one of the most common complaints about wfp cleaners "my windows look worse after they were cleaned" as the oxidiation run-off was allowed to dry on the glass. Same goes for ali frames too as the glass will dry out shite if not cleaned properly.;)

6. abs

abs Guru

Never normally get complaints so well peed of about this , seen it loads of times , like you say alloy frames can be worse but this milky milky won't bloody stop reckon I'm beat with this house

7. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

Yes, it's basically just the very surface of the pvc which has perished due to sun (UV) and weather. I can only assume the windows are a good few years old? Once scrubbed off, so long as you do them regular it shouldn't be an ongoing problem- at worst you may have to scrub a bit more than usual.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

On first cleans you will come across that alot so what I do is pre treat the windows frames & glass with diluted ubik or something similar then scrub them and give em a good rinse. Then go back and do all the glass again.

No house has beaten me yet so I'm sure you will crack it bud

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. abs

abs Guru

I'll try it again tomorrow and scrub harder if she moans again ill do what I always do to moaners and tell her to fu** off lol

10. abs

abs Guru

Joking lol

Advertisement