chambers of trade and commerce

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Aug 6, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

recently iv been invited along to my local chamber -to the annual wine tasting event

im wary

have any of you gone along/joined one of these if so what is the real cost? iv always assumed its a case of "you scratch my back i will scratch yours,

perhaps literally!"

, pass me that bottle and that leg of lamb while youre at it , bottoms up !

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Sounds like it might be a cake and **** party mate. Not sure I would want to be there as a window cleaner.

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I went to that bni meeting last week and it was ok but they want a lot of money to attend.
    Can't be arsed with all that

4. Better off joining the lodge?

5. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Been to 2 BNI type meeting recently, they seem good if you are after commercial but i want residential first.

about a grand a year :eek: not really my scene getting all social and networking lol i like keeping me sen to me sen.

6. Alien Human

I used to go to chamber of commerce meetings in my old life and did not enjoy them in the slightest. They were so far up their own ar*es and felt like I was back at school.........but each area will be different mate and if you've been invited then they must have some reason for wanting you there e.g new builds / developments, job opportunities etc etc

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i recently turned down flat work on a big local developement a conversion. its possible this wine tasting invite is his/her miss bigwigs hoping i might change my mind once the drinks flowing

missus wants to go,typical wino, i think she can go on her own,

perhaps i will "break my toe" half an hour before due to leave , then sit and watch old n great sweeney vids ;) on my own with a beer

yeh,-- paint the toe black before i "fall" down the steps

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Advertisement