Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who Was First?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chip

Just wondering who started wfp? I think I heard that tucker poles were going from about 1982 if memory serves, but have no idea if they were the first. Would like to know where our work heritage began. Also think the process of ro goes back to the 60's, again foggy memories. Anything that relates to it I'd like to know, as long as you don't go to daft and all about precipitation! Get the cogs going!

I read that it was Brodex who made the first commercially available WFP but that's the internet for you right there!

I have no idea but thought diy poles were the first, when you've found out all the info Chip I think a wikipedia page is in order cos there isn't one called water fed pole.

How come I never saw it on mission impossible? Thought they'd have utilised it on there!

First to supply UK were tucker poles. I first worked with a system which had cumbersome clamps on the poles. You had to use a tool every time you wanted to adjust the height of the pole. They were metal, had to be lightly greased to slide up and down and made your hands filthy! Apart from that they were great! No one believed it would clean windows or even catch on. That was in 2001.

Tucker first made silo tower pole cleaners, they were adapted to window cleaning after the developement of RO/DI for space travel. Gary Mauer (USA) had the first hand pumped backpack in 1995-97 ish and I followed him with an electric pumped ex army radio carrier one (despite the sniggers)- dance through the dog pats fast, you only need 10L in it.

Now theres a large variety of packs and systems out there.

Interesting stuff Jeff cheers, and see lads I'm not the first to use hand pumped but maybe the last /emoticons/biggrin.png

Tucker first made silo tower pole cleaners, they were adapted to window cleaning after the developement of RO/DI for space travel. Gary Mauer (USA) had the first hand pumped backpack in 1995-97 ish and I followed him with an electric pumped ex army radio carrier one (despite the sniggers)- dance through the dog pats fast, you only need 10L in it.

Now theres a large variety of packs and systems out there.
coool

Back