Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ok guys which shoes do you wear?

tiktik

ever since ive started cleaning windows my shoes just dont seem up to it they all start to crack from the water and eventually give way which shoes do you wear for the job?

I have a addiction to trainers so when I've had a pair a while they then get demoted to work trainers currently wear Nike huaraches

Very light comfy and if doin ladder work I like to be able to feel bit ladder rung under foot with work boots I could never get a feel for were my feet were on the ladders

How are you getting your feet wet? Do you stand right under the window when using wfp??

Yeah I just wear comfy trainers, I try a load on and then pick the comfiest/grippiest. Currently it's s pair of Nike trainers, nice spongy cushioning is important for being on ya' feet all day ...

I tried various shoes to try and keep my feet dry but have given up and just wear trainers too. I just buy £10 pairs from Asda /emoticons/smile.png and go through about 3 pairs a year.

Hi

Gore tex fell running trainers are comfy have excellent grip and totally waterproof and breathable.

Inov8 do a great pair also merrol are good. Bit expensive but you only get what you pay for.

If your cleaning windows 5 days a week you will have the cash.

Karrimoor walking shoes tried everything and they're the business, will last over a year, waterproof, light and good support, you can get a good pair for £30

Same as poles apart. Karimor all the way. Being a chef for years foot ware was always important. Tried loads of different things and for being on your feet all day an night are defo the karimor. I used to think they were granny's hiking boots :)

Second to that are proper skateboarding trainers. But not waterproof.

View attachment 4582

Same as poles apart. Karimor all the way. Being a chef for years foot ware was always important. Tried loads of different things and for being on your feet all day an night are defo the karimor. I used to think they were granny's hiking boots /emoticons/smile.png
Second to that are proper skateboarding trainers. But not waterproof.

View attachment 6872
I'm way to fashion conscious for these lol;)

And black in summer???

Come on lads white Havanas all the way

HiGore tex fell running trainers are comfy have excellent grip and totally waterproof and breathable.

Inov8 do a great pair also merrol are good. Bit expensive but you only get what you pay for.

If your cleaning windows 5 days a week you will have the cash.
I wear merrel trail trainers for the gym, but never tried there walking style ones, I like light weight trainers for work

I'm way to fashion conscious for these lol;)And black in summer???

Come on lads white Havanas all the way
Me to stevie! Way to much of a snob to wear karrimores...

Also did you people that karrimor is sports directs own brand...

Each to their own lol /emoticons/smile.png

I wouldn't care if they were made by tesco's own brand I'd still wear them /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm still chefing 5 nights a week at the mo untill I build up enough of a round to knock it on the head. Can't recommend them enough. Prob the most uncomfortable trainers I worn was Nike air max with big air bubble at the heel. Ok up till about 4 o'clock in the after noon then heels start hurting. No good if your not finished till ten at night :thumbsdown:

Also got a pair of karrimor steel toe cap boots. Again light as a feather and can wear them all day as I did this winter /emoticons/smile.png

I bought a pair of Karrimor Supa III Low walking trainers today £35 in Millets.

Thought I would give them a go as I too find it difficult to get the right footware.

Dewalt trainers/boots/shoes are the strongest I have come across. I never go to work without steel toecaps now, so its always workwear brands I wear. Scruffs are good too.

Back