changed the way i use backpack & van mount

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by simon, Jun 23, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. simon

simon Guru

had a van mount for nearly a year now & always done the furthest windows with it while my lad does the near ones with the backpack cos this seemed the best/fairest way as i have a slx n he has a clx, dad privileges like lol, now last friday for some unknown reason i changed , i let him use the reel at the near windows & i did the far ones with the backpack & ffffffffme we flew, it was loads faster on houses we do together mostly not on ones we do separately
    i can only guess its the reeling out & reeling in opposed to just filling up & humping round either way ive been doing it all week & by monday we'll probably be ahead for the first time in months,
    lots of you have probably worked this out but it was a bit of a damascus moment for me

Advertisement
  2. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Was working with my wife today and done this today as well, back packs just make life so much easier on some jobs, a lot of my work demands the back pack.

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

That's why I'm not bothered about a van mount
    Backpack works well and quickly all the time
    2 backpacks and a tank with bilge pump to fill them in seconds and you would fly round

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Plus if you have jobs close to each other pull up and chuck the other person out with backpack and they can walk down after when it is empty and light

5. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has discovered this works best for him too but with trollies. He and his son started out working with trollies, switched to a van mounted system and within two years went back to trollies. Says it gives them more freedom and they can work faster.
    I've no doubt that working with reels from a van is right for many but it depends on the makeup of your round.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Sack the helpers and get a motorised reel.

7. Poles Apart

I think some have got it into their heads that all work done by van mount is quicker, I disagree, what with snagging, reeling in, reeling out I reckon most of my residential is quicker backpack, proof of the pudding will be in the eating when I get a bigger van with tank in the New year.

8. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

What bilge pump do you have is it battery powered or a hand pump, got a link? thanks

I have just a small tap on bottom of water tank and takes ages to fill barrel, then fill back pack from barrel. I do this as I try and work next to van and keep an eye on barrel filling, but sometimes it overflows:gush:.

is it like this Whale Pump Gusher Urchin | Marine Super Store

9. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

You can get a rule bilge pump on eBay for £15 they are good
    Wire it to a decent 12v battery and switch near back door
    Mount a solar charger on roof and it should last a full week
    The manual bilge pump wouldn't you have to have your arm in tank to pump it?

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I don't know as that is how i am going to do it eventually but I got the idea when working with someone who had that in his van
    Big bore hose attached to bilge pump that is attached to a battery
    Push button switch near door to operate and tap on the hose to switch the water on/off between fills to stop any water syphoning off between fills
    Was filling backpack in seconds

Advertisement