Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Harris wfp setup

WCF

Help Support WCF:

andy1992

Hi guys trying to set my Harris pole up with recoil hose so no trailing loops as like a tap on pole. Seems to be diffucult to access the cones when the hose is coiled as its in the way. Anyone know how to get around this? Cheers

I would just use normal wfp hose myself even on the outside of the pole works for me.

If the hose is on the outside of the pole you can just pinch/bend the wfp hose to stop the water flow and/or you could get a tap fitted if you want.

There are many wfp tap types you can get 2 like the aquatap & aqadapter that fits on the top of the pole and others that are fitted in-line at the bottom of the pole hose. Again try out different ones to see what works best for you.

gotta get one its sending me mad...dont fancy one at the top as banana is heavy enough thankyou so its gotta be one at the bottom any links anyone as i too lazy to look and it has to be simples as i simples too:)...and what happens when i shut of the water flow.....my backpack wont blow up will it...:eek:

i am a bit pee ed actually as the backpack has a two speed switch and a vari control kn ob...but on full minimum its still powerful and doesnt really give me any scrubbing time..

and putting switches at the bottom of the backpack and the led s too...a real pain..on top would have been great...

maybe i will try to clamp of a section of hose although thats just a tap really..

The pump should cut out when the water is turned off. If you fit a inline tap to the pole hose you can either turn the water off or slow the flow down unlike an aquadapter that is either on or off.

Another option is to use a remote on/off wireless gizmo

ta tuffers as usual...was it you that said this site was addictive.....hmmmm it bloody is....

i have a feelin i am on 6mm tube but a quick search with same seller and got it in my watch list...think i will get rid of google and just get tuffered...but in view of tuffering it may sound too dodgy..:rofl:

Out of interest where would the tap go ? Surely that will move as the pole goes up and down ? Where do others have them and is the unger clamp things any good ???

er dont know if this is right but...i plan to drill two small holes in the base of the pole where i hold it and intercept the internal pipe thread it out and in and insert the tap in the middle probably duct tape will be used to hold it steady..but will it ever actually be done ...well i have to do something water shooting every where is annoying and of course wasteful:D

oh what a divvy i am ....you are correct....oh deary me the pipe does need to move up and down...i wont delete that as it reminds me how stupid i am....

er....now what do i do with the tap......anyone....ta puraclenz for saving me a loada hassel..

now guessing you insert it when the pole is fully extended and it sits on the floor when its collapsed and suppose you could loop it over your shoulder so you can have it nearby...

come on experts...me lost...

anyone got /tried that...Another option is to use a remote on/off wireless gizmo..sounds interesting although probably expensive.. maybe i should just get used to the pinch method after all.....

Last edited by a moderator:
With the vans it's easy , tap at the end of the hose and hose looped over back of neck, easy control of water , can't do that with my trolley as hose is short and I'm constantly moving it

i really wouldnt have minded if the pump switch was mounted on top of the trolley but i do wander quite far from the trolley so thats not a solution....but grovelling around on the ground water shooting over into next door isnt a good idea...

hey tuffers your plan not worked or is gav being sneaky...:rofl:

Think pinching the hose is the only real option , cnc think your pole is the same as mine with the clear hose, this is to chick to kink so need to buy the better stiffer stuff

i really wouldnt have minded if the pump switch was mounted on top of the trolley but i do wander quite far from the trolley so thats not a solution....but grovelling around on the ground water shooting over into next door isnt a good idea...
hey tuffers your plan not worked or is gav being sneaky...:rofl:
I see you're in a state of limbo cnc, what with just being a 'member' now /emoticons/biggrin.png I reckon when you log on next you'll be 'Elite', unless @Gav is playing you up :rofl:

Back