Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Changing pole size

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Scrubsy

Has anyone else changed pole size from how they started? I have used an 18 foot pole for quite a long time, sometimes with an extension. I've noticed the last couple of years that I need to use the extension more and more because of conservatories and windows at awkward angles, and when I don't use it I seem to overstretch my arms and body on some windows without realising it. It's ok at the time but can be quite achy later in the day. As my pole is now quite worn out I'm going for a 22 foot instead. Will obviously take a bit of getting used to, but less messing about disconnecting the brush and hose, and instead of having two hybrid base sections it will mean only having one. Just wondered how anyone else got on if they'd done the same? Thanks.

Yes I started with a 17 foot Ova 8 which I loved but I was getting out the ladder more or even my 40 footer. I bought a 22 footer slx a couple of years ago and I haven`t looked back. Yes there is a noticable difference in weight but it has saved me time overall I reckon. Also worth buying a clx 4 footer for bungalows as it is very light and will speed you up no end.

Yes I started with a 17 foot Ova 8 which I loved but I was getting out the ladder more or even my 40 footer. I bought a 22 footer slx a couple of years ago and I haven`t looked back. Yes there is a noticable difference in weight but it has saved me time overall I reckon. Also worth buying a clx 4 footer for bungalows as it is very light and will speed you up no end.
Thanks @Crystalalan . That's exactly what I'm hoping. I have a CLX4 which I tend to use as a traditional pole. I'm a bit short so it's ok on some bungalows, but not always on some park homes I clean that have tight access, so I have a CLX8 for them and it's awesome 👍

Has anyone else changed pole size from how they started? I have used an 18 foot pole for quite a long time, sometimes with an extension. I've noticed the last couple of years that I need to use the extension more and more because of conservatories and windows at awkward angles, and when I don't use it I seem to overstretch my arms and body on some windows without realising it. It's ok at the time but can be quite achy later in the day. As my pole is now quite worn out I'm going for a 22 foot instead. Will obviously take a bit of getting used to, but less messing about disconnecting the brush and hose, and instead of having two hybrid base sections it will mean only having one. Just wondered how anyone else got on if they'd done the same? Thanks.
Yes like you I started out using an 18 foot pole now use a 22 as it’s far more useful for most things

I started with 27clx then went to 22 slx stuck with 22’s now use a 18 and 25 for odd job but my next pole will be 22 and use the 25 for odd job and get extensions to take it to 35 the 18 is so lite but having to change poles a bit to regular for my liking

I've gone from an slx22 to an slx 27. Now I don't have to get my 40' pole out so often for those windows I couldn't quite reach with my slx22. My next pole will be an slx22 and will use the base section of my slx27 to turn it into an slx27.

Xtreme 25 does most of my work including most 3 storey windows. Saves going back to the van for my 47footer.

I do of course have to use my high level pole for larger Victorian/Georgian properties but it's only a few times a month.

A 22 footer is just too short for lots of my work with awkward angle windows and reaching over large conservatories/extensions

Back