Changing the working week

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Oct 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Due to some varying circumstances my round did not get done yesterday so I headed out to get it done today.

Now we all know more customers are around on a Saturday than on a week day that's just a fact.

So whilst playing catch up today SIX new customers walked up wanting to sign up.

Biggest benefit is that two are right next door to one existing customer, so that's three in a row.

The other four are within spitting distance of my next stop so that's five in one spot without moving.

Now customer walk ups are nothing new but six in a day is certainly the most I have had in one day.

I always say I only work Monday - Friday and weekends are sacred but now this has me thinking, is working a Saturday a great way to pick up new clients.

My Saturdays are not particularly sacred to me, a lie in, wash the van, breakfast at the cafe then chill for an afternoon. Well way I see it I could do that on a Monday. Why not change from Monday to Friday to working Tuesday to Saturday instead?

Even If I halved the number of walk ups to three, over a 52 week year that would still be 156 new customers without having to knock doors or leaflet.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

I've had some great customers from working on a sat too. I've only ever done a load of one offs/first cleans on a weekend, never a normal round day. Been wondering if it would be OK, will it piss off the people that normally don't get bothered by me, what will the traffic be like, will I end up doing too much chat and not enough work. Only one way to find out I suppose.

3. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Good thinking green, but you might never get another walk up a saturday and that monday you have off could have produced a walk up or two who knows!

4. cheapncheerful

yep great thinking green....I work for a hairdresser and of course his weekend is sun mon so its all in the mind really....apparently he is coming around tomorrow to pick me up to show me his new house...er...thats NOT happening...quick unplug the phone..

The whole thing with window cleaning is having them all together.....its amazing how many next doors I look at which are filthy....and even my card through the door doesnt get me a job...

I actually did take time off this week as it was too hot for me ...I hate the foreign sun and want the nice weak british one back..

so I got stuck into the garden but did cheapy go out at the weekend....?

well yes....to the pub...cheers lads..

well...tons to do next week....including my famous yawn six am start...:D

5. Jacob

Jacob Guest

Dont think my custys would like me on a saturday, unless its a one off and arranged with them. Tried one holiday really no succes to be honest. But the ones i have done on weekend have lead to more business, maybe saturday is my new one off day officially.

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i recently started a saturday round [ only for me on my lonesome,no workers/ and only every 10 weeks too,a select few ] but if it takes off out of control i will make them become part of the mon-fri set.

7. TolishAPurd

Just got back from 3 hours of leaflet dropping. Leaflets in one hand, dog on the other. Hes knackered.:D

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I just got back from 3 hours of rugby with my son
    They got battered and 1 lad broken his shoulder yet they are all still in good spirits
    Was going to leaflet today but can't be bothered now. .gonna go over the park and work on a few things with the boy like not tackling like a wuss and getting stuck in

9. Jacob

Jacob Guest

thats a good sunday right there, i gonna hit the streets soon Again with some leaflets some time since done that. 3 hours i would be knackered too :thumbsup:

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I believe the expression is 'Like father like son' :whistle:

Advertisement