Charger for pure freedom trolley.!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Squeegee1, Sep 13, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Squeegee1

Squeegee1 Newcomer

hi guys, I'm in need of a new mains charger for my pure freedom trolley. I've rang pure freedom and they were less than helpful. Does anyone know where I can purchase said lead as without it I can't get much done.
    The connection is a figure of 8 type. Thanks in advance guys. Steve

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

3. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

I use a CTek charger. Way better than the standard one that comes with the trolley. I just took the connector off the end of my freedom charger and attached it to the CTek. I use the 5amp version, but the 3.5amp will do just fine for the freedom trolley

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

They sent me connections for charger no probs
    Ring em back and get em told to send it

5. Squeegee1

Squeegee1 Newcomer

Thanks lads all sorted now, very much appreciate your help

6. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Thanks for letting us know. However, we are none the wiser regarding your solution so please can you tell us what you did. It would then be helpful to someone else.

7. Squeegee1

Squeegee1 Newcomer

I purchased one from your link Spruce.
    not sure why they said they didn't sell them when I phoned as one has been dispatched today.
    thanks again

8. Jango

Jango Member

You would have been better with the one Marko spoke about, at pure freedom they did the changing of the end bits for us, for a small charge so we were up and running it's a far better charger.

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#9 spruce, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    If it goes wrong again then then Squeegee1 has another solution. I think some people, myself included, may be a little vary of making this modification of changing the plug over to a new charger.

I'm sure CTex chargers have reverse polarity protection, but I don't know that for sure. So my concern as a buyer would be joining the wires up correctly in the plug. It maybe easy, it may not be.

What makes it easier is the PF will do the change for a small fee, but at decision time Squeegee1 didn't know that. When I put the link up, I didn't know that either.

His communication with PF had broken down on the phone for whatever reason, so if someone had told him they didn't do a charger because they misunderstood the question, that's really the end of the communication road. He didn't call back hoping to speak to someone else, but came on here to ask for a solution. I'm sure he was a little desperate as a flat battery means no work being done - no work = no income.

I would personally now buy a CTex charger and get the modification done so I have a better quality backup. It would appear from others experiences that the charger isn't the best, so I would ensure I have a backup in case of future failure.

This info is of interest to me. A fellow windie has a PF trolley as a backup. He bought it when his van was written off by a Polish lorry driver and the insurance company took several months to settle the claim. So I will store this in my knowledge bank in case he ever has the same issue.

-

10. J and S

J and S Active Member

Nothing wrong with the PF charger...charges mine ok.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Advertisement