Charging Extra For Using Ladders?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by WJCN64, Feb 18, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. WJCN64

WJCN64 Active Member

Anyone thought of this? To charge for the time and energy to get the ladders off?
    because it cuts into the day if i have a few with trad.

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

no wouldnt think of doing that, unless you had to hire a set in for a specific job that needs special ones to carry out the job.

3. Gremah

Gremah Member

unreal you gonna charge extra for a locked gate aswell ?

4. OoO

OoO Guest

This is why i have removed 99% of our trad work :( Too time consuming for the odd house :(

5. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

Did you start off wfp?

Did all the trad cleaners who swapped over to wfp charge customers extra because they had to buy expensive equipment! no!

Basically the customer pays for their windows to be cleaned what method you use is down to you! how long it takes you to clean their windows is also down to you!

6. instrength

instrength Well-Known Member

Have you seen my van roof rack.... I need a ladder just to get the ladders down!! :D

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:110]

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I can see where you are coming from to be honest as adds extra time and risk to any job

That's why I charge a minimum now of £35 to unblock a downspout using a ladder. Also gutter clearing etc (hand jobs) are dearer than using safer methods from the ground. Simples....

By the way lads before anyone has a pop at me I’m not on about trad window cleaning either as don’t use ladders anymore for that as I have a ladder minimisation policy in place to avoid using ladders where I can. :D

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You better add £60 to each ladder job then :D

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

We know, lolz

10. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Yeah, I try to only pick up WFP work now. It's just easier and faster and it makes me more money. If they want me to do them trad, then yes there's a premium to pay for that service because basically 9 times out of 10 I don't actually want to do it. Locked gates I just do the front if they aren't in. If they don't want to pay extra for having it done trad, there's plenty of other window cleaners out there!!

Hasn't been a problem so far and that's pretty much how I explain it although obviously with a friendlier and more understanding tone!

Advertisement