Charging more for 6/8 Week cleans

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by richard123456, Jan 8, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. richard123456

richard123456 Member

#1 richard123456, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Okay So I now price windows for a monthly clean if they want it any longer I need to charge a bit more. I was thinking I could add maybe 20 - 25% on top of a monthly clean. And for a 8 weekly clean maybe 30 - 35% on top. P.S I charge by window/doors and I am trying to think of a way to simplify things.

Is there any point charging more?

Advertisement
  2. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

In my (very limited) experience, I'd say no. I've been wfp for nine weeks now and it's not taking me any longer to do an eight weekly clean than a four weekly clean. If I was doing quarterly cleans then I would consider charging a bit more. I always charge more for a first clean though.

I'm sure someone with much more experience will comment soon and tell me im wrong though ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

There is a point in charging more. If Mrs B has her windows cleaned for £10 every 4 weeks and Mrs C next door in exactly the same house has hers cleaned every 8 weeks for £10 then Mrs B might decide to go 8 weekly too. I would charge Mrs C £13 if she was on 8 weekly.

4. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

I would say no also as I do all my work 6/8 weeks anyway and some are not dirty

5. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

That is true tuffers I suppose it depends how much work you got

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Agreed and if someone decides to go from 4 weekly to 8 weekly is it worth asking for more incase you lose them for good? For new customers I'd definitely charge more from the off for 8 weekly.

7. Jacob

Jacob Guest

I charge the same for 4, 8 and 12 weekly, as i takes same time to to finish plus the customers like the transperency of my prices. I charge a fee if its a one off clean.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. richard123456

richard123456 Member

I think Charging more for a first clean and then just keeping the price the same for the different weeks is a better option. How much extra do you charge?

9. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

i do 4 - 8 weekly i dont charge any more i charge a good price and im getting a lot more selective which jobs i take on.

10. richard123456

richard123456 Member

DO you charge more for the first clean?

Advertisement