Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Charging to much

mark m

First time i did this local pub today i charged £80 this was only because the last window cleaner (trad worker ) made the price up it took me 1hr 30min and that was a first clean i then went for breakfast just to stretch the time out . I think i could easy do it in 1 hr next time not sure what to do next time i am fat git anyway /emoticons/smile.png don`t` want to many big breakfast

http://www.bridportarms.co.uk/

I do agree in a way and they were very happy what i did 1hr 30min job plus breakfast and nothing was said but i get £80 a hour when i start next month going have to read the news paper or something i am not a London solicitor

guess it depends where you are, if i was getting 80 an hour round here for 1 job i would'nt expect to have it long. best i get is 40.

why did they get rid of last cleaner?

you could be leaving your self wide open to being undercut

at least if that happens you can come on here, saying some doley has undercut you and is driving down

the price of work in your area lol

The last window cleaning was getting on a bit and said it was to much for him he used to do it trad and used to take him 4 hours so i expect thats what they thought it would take me .

I would drop the price to £60, say first cleans take longer and you can do it a bit cheaper for them. That way its fair for both parties, they will see you as honest which will help build loyalty, and you are less likely to be undercut by another windy.

Short term.....

Having said that it's short term, I have a customer who I originally priced at £65 which took me 3 hours (trad) with a pole its 1 hour 10mins so potentially in same boat.

Hmmmmm what to do....

I dunno, I just tend to say a price and always stick to it, no matter how it goes, i.e. losing the job or keeping it. I'm just stuborn anyways.

James.

Back