Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp users, whats your flow rate?

Knoxy

I seem to use a lot more water than others say they use on here, all my windows have been first cleans so you'd expect to use more water but I have a 400L tank and I recon I'd struggle to do 10 houses with that, when I say 10 I mean 4 bed detached with conservatories.

My setup is a 20ft extel pole with a red viking brush, I have a flowmaster pump control which I have set at 20.

When its dry I'll try and put a video together.

What flow rate do you use?

I seem to use a lot more water than others say they use on here, all my windows have been first cleans so you'd expect to use more water but I have a 400L tank and I recon I'd struggle to do 10 houses with that, when I say 10 I mean 4 bed detached with conservatories.

My setup is a 20ft extel pole with a red viking brush, I have a flowmaster pump control which I have set at 20.

When its dry I'll try and put a video together.

What flow rate do you use?
I would get rid of your vikan brush they are hard work get yourself a better brush but as a first clean 4 bed detached with conservatory is not over the top for 400 lt you have made £250 + and the cost of the water £1 so dont worry to much about how nuch you wasted

I would say 400l is way too much for 10 houses, even good sized ones. I use my flow at 45.

I have a 300l tank & yestersday I did half of a medium sized hotel, a whole nursing home and still had enough left today to do 32 upstairs 3 bed semis.

p.s I could never charge £25 for a house that size!

knoxy has just started and he seems in recent threads to take his time and do a good job i remember in a thread last week it took him 4 hours to do one job so 10 4 bed detached house all with conservatory looking at his threads extra clean windows i do not think it is a lot . But i do believe each week he will save water as he gets more expericence

me and wife use usually around 320 litres water in full day. took on New lad one day a week, who is experienced trad but not wfp, same amount houses now use 420 litres.

it will come in time, on my own normally use about 260 litres full wfp. our controller is on D pressure and 4 speed. vary it according to winter when needs abit more umph.

we also use inline taps attached to bottom of poles......

as above tho, if your new concentrate on doing good job and rinsing properly, then learn to economize with water later on.

first 2-3 weeks i was useing around 250l per 5-6 houses first cleans

now on maintance cleans i get around 12-15 houses out of 250l

but ya first cleans take at least twice as long so youll use twice as much water if not just a bit under so u should get 20-25 houses once u get onto the maintance cleans and know your way around ect

i use setting 4 on my verystream and its perfect but i could do with a setting of 3.5 as 3 ios way to low i have used this when i was stuck for water tho but wont if i dont have to lol

Back