Cheap as possible van options!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Diwrnach, Apr 12, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

OK going to bite the bullet and get a van, but also keeping the pick up so want something to run along side it, thinking as cheap as possible really, if it lasts a year I will be happy kind of cheap, a grand would be good, couple of grand fine as well, but prefer cheaper rather than more expensive, I do have a friend who runs a body shop so can make it look pretty if needed cheaply.

What I am after is one of those old tanks that just runs forever and never breaks.

Thinking Toyota Hiace? though a SWB transit also seems a good option but they always seem to be covered in rust.

Needs to be big enough to hold at least a 350l tank and associated gubbins for WFP and pressure washer with rotary etc.

Was thinking of a small transit connect and that kind of thing, but really don't think it would be big enough? though anyone that has a van of that size please feel free to correct me, would like to get away with a small connect or something if at all possible.

Thinking Eviestevie might be a font of knowledge on this subject, I know literally nothing about vans other than my mates not that old transporter rounded off the cam lobes in less than 80k miles.

Advertisement
  2. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

3. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Hi ace are bulletproof from what I'm told, but quite thirsty

4. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

The good old hiace
    They are bombproof
    Most reliable can I would say on the market but there not to everyone's taste and basic but if you want a strong engine this van is the one
    A customer of mine has one in red absolutely showroom condition only 52,000 from new every time I clean is Windows I offer to buy it lol
    Said he has never spent a penny apart from tyres and service

5. Luke Barnard

Luke Barnard Active Member

Be careful with vivaro/traffic/primastar with over 100k miles, just spent nearly £1200 having four siezed injectors removed and replaced!!!

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I have a Trafic with 171000 on the clock and just today spent £12 letting the lads at the car wash clean it :(

7. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Much bother green up to that mileage? I've 124 on mine and I'm just expecting the gear box or injectors to go

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Ouch!

9. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I am just reading the Australian motor car website of some description, there are people with them up to 800k km on them and never done anything but service them!

I couldn't care less about style, old fashioned etc etc, if I can spend between 1-2k and it last a year or two it will have paid for itself, but if I can get one that keeps going will be more than happy.

10. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Will a traffic fit a 350l tank and pressure washer mate? I have looked at those but they don't look very big.

Advertisement