Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

can i fill my tank with water from lake?

Cloudy and green haha, you've answered your own question there. Imagine how quickly it would clog up the filters. Maybe if it was a gigantic lake from melted snow run-off or something it might be worth it, but I'd save the lake and its wildlife and leave the water in it and stick to rainwater or the tap :thumbsup:

I guess you would have to filter the water first down to a realistic level otherwise your would kill the RO system.

I guess you would need a few tanks, each time cleaning the water down to a level acceptable to go thru a RO system.

But im petty sure lake water which is green would give you a sky-high ppm reading.

You would be better catching some rain water instead.

cloudy and green doesn't necessarily mean high ppm, my ibc collecting rainwater (although covered) still has algae and some grit in it, yet tds is around 010. so just check the tds. you would definitely need sediment filter (maybe two stage)

Back