Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Recommend me a brush.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adams0211

I'm a big fan of the Gardiner Supreme medium hybrid brush and use it 90% of the time. It's great for first cleans as well as maintenance cleans.

I also occasionally use an Ultimate brush but it's no good for first cleans and I'm not a great fan of it even for maintenance cleans.

The other brush I use regularly is a Gardiner Sill brush. I don't like it for window cleaning but it's great for gutters, fascias, etc.

Yesterday I had a play with @daveyboy 's 35cm Ultimate brush fitted with four pencil jets and decided to order a 35cm for myself but to go with the Supreme rather than the Ultimate. Went on the gardiner site and it was out of stock. Sent them an email asking when to expect it back in stock and had a reply this morning saying it has been discontinued.

It looks as though if you want a 35cm gardiner brush the only choice is an Extreme, an Ultimate or a soft flocked Supreme (which I guess will be discontinued soon)

Can any one recommend a 35cm brush from another supplier that is comparable to the Gardiner Supreme brush?

I would wait for the new universal gardiners brush coming out
I don't like the look of it to be honest. I think it's because I'm not keen on sill brushes. I was wondering about the x-line brushes but I've never tried one.

I don't like the look of it to be honest. I think it's because I'm not keen on sill brushes. I was wondering about the x-line brushes but I've never tried one.
I didn't know it was only going to be a sill brush, I've only ever used medium mixed- extreme, super lite , ultimate and supreme. The best cleaning is a superlite Imo but prefer the ultimate as it's a bit lighter. I like the look of the brushes on WCW and also the xline with the rinsebar

I didn't know it was only going to be a sill brush, I've only ever used medium mixed- extreme, super lite , ultimate and supreme. The best cleaning is a superlite Imo but prefer the ultimate as it's a bit lighter. I like the look of the brushes on WCW and also the xline with the rinsebar
The x-line with the rinse bar was the one I was eyeing up. I guess I would need some kind of adapter to work with the quick lock fitting on my slx.

The x-line with the rinse bar was the one I was eyeing up. I guess I would need some kind of adapter to work with the quick lock fitting on my slx.
If the brush is threaded you can just get a threaded angle adapter I think. It was actually the constructor brush I liked the looks off as it has a rinse bar on the top of the brush. Looks as if it would be very good for rinsing on the glass. You are able to replace the bristles on the brush also. But from what I seen they are very dear

Xline brushes last forever because the bristles are softer and thin like the ultimate

No good

what size is that new gardiner sill brush i mailed them but not said anything that one with blue bits coming out of sides

xline rince bars are very poor , we only got two weeks out of them befoure they were jetting every where great idear very badly made also if your not careful you can drag the dam thing across the sill when cleaning them

the standed xline brushes are great ive had a sill brush working flat out for 19 months yes that's 6 days aweek cleaning everything as I am to lazy to change and the things still going strong but its way way to heavy !

that why we have gone on to extreme brushes as were going as light as possible now even those I will be binning them every 3 months its worth not having elbow pain

Having the ultimate 35cm all day today apart from 2 hours changing a startermotor hidden down the back of an engine i can say i love it @Den (there you go mate i said i would review it for you lol)

Even on domestic work it has saved me time and with the swivel gooseneck i can do backs of houses without moving from 1 spot

Back