Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way to clean this?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

How would you clean this ignore the scaffolding it won't be there.

I can't use water pole method or boom lift because they won't close road due to bus stops right away along there an they are every 5mins from super early to super late 7 days per week.

Any ideas, would be great??

View attachment 5059

Can't you put cones out to divert the traffic a bit; and then pole it from the path?

Just perhaps

Looks like an awkward job thats probably best avoided.

Only way to do it safely would be to cone off i suppose, i dont know where the law stands on things like that, are you allowed to just start coning roads off? i doubt it, wouldnt it be something youd need to clear with local council or sumert.

Early as poss, bang some cones up and get it done before anyone complains would be my gamble.

This a difficult place, there's a bus stop all the way along an no stopping signs.

I tried to talk to council they unlikely to close becuase its basically a bus station there an so many people.

The building itself isn't hard just in a **** place.

The scaffolding is coming down they wanted monthly. I was thinking about Sunday morning but there is buses 7 days a week.

I can't just cone of a bus stop in a town centre :-O without a licence otherwise I could be liable to the council and bus company suing me I think..

Shame, would have been interesting problem to solve.. But its a hard one lol

I guess I could do it directly under by changing angle on brush an pole would get a bit wet tho. Then I could do on path an not on road. If I did early not many people around. But issue then would be people walking thru an around an next to you wouldn't be do great.. Any ideas..

So if I did early on a Sunday an put window cleaning in progress signs plus someone to watch to path whilst I cleaning. An park van round corner of the road. That would be okay for risk assessment right? Ideally close path but can't so above is the only possible real way to do it?

You talk of these bus stops, you can not park on a bus stop or however many feet prior to a bus stop but no law preventing you from parking past a bus stop unless there yellow lines or explicit no parking signs.

I have done similar areas by parking my van with hazards on and using it a shied from traffic whilst I work.

What about 3 o clock in the morning, cones on path, loads of hi viz, and just step on to road when no cars are coming?

ya will need.....brush light from gardiners..

nice torch on yer brush and off you go...

and soak the drunks and tell them its raining.../emoticons/biggrin.png

yeh defo cheapie runner time...

4am or as early as possible on a sunday morning before anyones about? If a bus turns up, just move out of the way for 2 mins, then crack on again when they leave. If anything the bus stop surely helps by keeping cars out of 'your' wfp lane /emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back